Green Pulsing Line - RPi4

• When playing back the occasional video I get a flickering green line along the bottom of the screen.

If I turn hardware acceleration off the line disappears.

Is it just me or have others seen this issue?

• ian_j

Whilst I agree with chewitt about the extra info needed I have seen this and I know exactly why in my case. I only see it on videos that have been initially recorded from TV to VCR tape, then from VCR tape to DVD then from DVD to HDD for Kodi.

• On what LE version? - Logs? - Sample file?

I'll get the info requested.

ian_j

Whilst I agree with chewitt about the extra info needed I have seen this and I know exactly why in my case. I only see it on videos that have been initially recorded from TV to VCR tape, then from VCR tape to DVD then from DVD to HDD for Kodi.

Ah, mine is only on PVR .ts files converted to .MKV

• I have another file that causes the above issue.

What duration of video file should I post and where can I post it to?

EDIT: Kodi Log Uploader now found on repo.

I'm using the latest nightly build: LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240406-4b7642d

Here is my log file: https://paste.kodi.tv/xuzarejaqo

Video sample to follow as soon as I find somewhere to upload it.

Edited once, last by ian_j: Merged a post created by ian_j into this post. (April 10, 2024 at 6:36 PM).

• No, this doesn't happen on the RPi5.

The green line is a bug in the HW-assisted deinterlacer (which only exists in RPi0-4) at 1080i. On RPi5 a software deinterlacer is used (and H264 is also software decoded).

In LE12 you can disable the HW deinterlacer and use a better quality software deinterlacer (BWDIF), but the combination of HW decoding and SW deinterlace caused a kodi crash with your sample file (that's the new issue we found and are investigating now, with our other test videos this combination worked fine).

so long,

Hias

• A firmware has been pushed that should fix the green line issue.

It will hopefully appear in nightly builds in the near future.

If you are feeling bold, you could try downloading start4x.elf and fixup4x.dat and replace the existing start.elf/fixup.dat files on your sdcard.

• That's excellent thank you for the heads up.

If I backup my originals of the files you linked to and I get major issues can I just copy over my originals again?