Odroid C2: kernel panic "Failed to execute /init (error -2)" when trying to load custom EDID

• This is related to Odroid C2 on 11.0.1: switching tv to 24fps? where I was trying to get my C2 switch to 1080p24, even though it is not normally detected by EDID? Followed the Intel-related instructions in https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/edid#intel however during boot the boot process is stopped with the error message specified in the subject and described in length in my older thread.

Has anyone on C2 been able to successfully use these instructions, in order to boot with a modified EDID file? If not, then there's obviously something different on C2 boots, otherwise I'll need some help figuring what I'm doing differently here...

• I created ^ that some time ago to replicate the "edid-create" process for other boards (which never seemed to quite work) but it's not something that I was able to test easily so it hasn't been upstreamed.

Copy to /storage, make it executable, then run "./script.sh create" and see what happens.

• Just ran it: displayed a "using existing edid" but nothing more. Upon closer inspection, it seems the script exits at line 20 for some reason (even though the script enters /storage/cpio succesfully). Modified that line to do a cd alone.

Now the script produced:

Code
    info: using existing edid.bin
    info: edid setup complete!

... and /flash/extlinux/extlinux.conf:

Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
     LINUX /KERNEL
     FDT /meson-gxbb-odroidc2.dtb
     APPEND boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE systemd.debug_shell=ttyAML0 console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 drm.edid_firmware=edid/edid.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D

And it worked!!!! Cheers mate!!! :)

• If it might help someone, checking what is different from the wiki (and what I basically followed) for the C2 case, it seems that the instructions for intel-based installations need a couple of modifications for C2 systems:

1) An addition perhaps should be made that extlinux.conf might be available as /flash/extlinux/extlinux.conf instead of /flash/extlinux.conf

2) Most importantly, contents of extlinux.conf should not include the initrd=/edid.cpio part, otherwise the system will panic at boot.