Backup only Docker for v11 upgrade

• I have LibreELEC 10.0.4 running for a while and heavily started using docker on it. I am looking to upgrade to v11 but want to backup only the docker add-on and data associated with it. How can I do that as I understand the backup add-on backs up all the add-ons and I don't have much usage for backing up all add-ons as I seldom use Kodi.

Also, if I upgrade to v11 through the UI without a clean install, does the docker add-on automatically get updated upon launch and any issues with that?

Thanks.

• The LE docker add-on stores persistent data in the Kodi userdata/addon_data folder, and AFAIK the ls.io containers that are wrapped as Kodi binary add-ons do the same. The LE backup function includes /storage/.kodi so will capture our data.

If you installed other containers via "docker pull" their data will be stored based on their compose files or launch configs; which could be anywhere (on /storage) based on what you set. If not under the /storage/(.cache/.config/.kodi) folders it will not be backed up by the LE backup function. However that function is just a tar command, so you can always just backup what you need with tar and be good. The Kodi backup add-on (in the Kodi repo) does other things; you need to define what it backs-up.

The Docker add-on will update itself when moving between LE10 and LE11 and LE12. If you're using Docker on an ARM SoC device beware that LE12 (official beta shipping soon) moved most devices from "arm" to "aarch64" CPU architecture and this will require arm containers to be swapped for aarch64/arm64 equivalents. Intel x86_64 is not impacted.