X96S TV stick - IR remote not working, networking not configured

• Hello all -

I have an X96S TV stick, Amlogic S905Y2 proc. I got it to boot from LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.6-box.img.gz, using either the meson-g12a-sei510.dtb or meson-g12a-u200.dtb files - the others kick out a network driver error or don't boot at all.

The problem: the IR remote that comes with this stick does not work from the get-go. I've grabbed the remote.conf file that is recommended in these forums, but since I can't control the device, I can't set up networking, ergo I can't copy remote.conf to /storage/.config!

I was previously playing with CoreELEC on this stick, and had the same issue with the remote. CoreELEC also has a remote.conf file, but with that build you can just copy it to the root of the SD card and it will configure itself on boot. (CoreELEC's S905Y2 build is not working with the WiFi or BT on this stick, so I thought I'd give LibreELEC a try.)

So, how do I get the IR remote working when I don't have network access to the stick?

TIA for any pointers.

• Well, like I said, I am unable to set up networking because my IR controller is not working. If I can't set up networking, I can't ssh into the stick to do any of the work suggested in that guide. Apologies if that was not clear in my original post.

I need a way to get remote.conf installed before boot, or during boot, without requiring my interaction, unless there is some other way...

• I tried, have a mini USB keyboard with BT dongle that should work out-of-the-box, but no joy. I don't have a standard 101-key wired keyboard on hand, but I'll borrow one from my workplace and give that a try.

All this is just to find out how well LibreELEC handles the built-in wifi and BT on this stick, if at all.