Help needed for installation on a Nexboc A95X-B7N (S905X - 1G/8G)

• Hi,

after some trial and error I feel pretty desperate, hoping someone could provide a little help.

I flashed the LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.6-box.img.gz (downloaded from here https://libreelec.tv/downloads/amlogic/) image file with rufus to a sdcard, set the dtbname in uEnv.ini to "/dtb/meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb" (also tried "/dtb/meson-gxl-s905x-nexbox-a95x.dtb") and booted the sdcard up in my Nexbox A95X-B7N.

After it booted up into Libreelec welcome screen, I immediately noticed that I had no sound output and I wasn't able to set up the wifi connection, since no ssid was shown in the selection window under settings. The audio menu only showed "Bluetooth (Pulseaudio)" with no other options (not even sure if the box has bluetooth).

Does anyone know where I took a worng turn?

Best regards,
    Peter

• Thanks for the reply, chewitt. I'll try that. Which dtb should I use?

The box was previously connected to the same hdmi cable and port, running an old version of libreelec. Would that rule out the cable related audio problems?

What about the wifi problems?

Best regards,

Peter

• Legacy images running the vendor kernel tend to support a default featureset regardless of what EDID contains (or lacks) so it doesn't necessarily exempt cables/ports from suspicion. Same p212 dtb should be fine. For WiFi, some countries need the wireless regdomain to be set before the correct channels show up (as radio properties are wrong) or you need to tell what chip is inside the box (not everything has drivers) and/or share the output from "pastekodi" with the box connected to Ethernet and share the URL generated so we can see what might be missing (firmware sometimes).

• Hi again,

I checked out the link you provided. Now I'm not sure, but are these LE12 or LE11 images? I only found images with version 11.80 and smaller. Nevertheless I installed this one LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-11.80.0-box.img.gz and referenced meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb. Right after the initial boot sequence I was able to hear sound and I also was able to see my ssids.

Thanks for the help.

Since this image came from your "testing" foder: Is this some kind of beta/nightly build and will I be able to update to upcoming versions with this?

Best regards,

Peter

• Images are LE12 master branch with WIP changes that I haven't submitted to the main repo yet and some extras like Realtek WiFi drivers that I have no plans to submit. I hardcode the version number to make automation of updates in my lab easier; use the dateTime of the file and/or Kodi build date to see what's inside (or look at the amlogic branch in my git repo). You can update to official LE12 nightlies and any future LE12+ image. NB: If it works, that's great. If it doesn't work, the images are experimental and you're welcome to report things but I don't support them.