HP EliteBook not showing any video via DP port

• I have some 5th gen i5 EliteBook from an E-waste bin and was trying to set it up with LE to use as a Kodi device, so I got a DP-to-HDMI cable and connected it to my TV. It shows the LibreElec splash screen but not Kodi itself on the screen although audio goes through the TV. What can I do to resolve this? I tried using an xrandr fix but that isn't a command anymore on the new Generic builds with Wayland.

Edited once, last by bobsmith (December 16, 2023 at 7:10 AM).

• Using Generic-legacy instead of the normal Generic has appeared to fix the issue. I assume that's because the new Generic is on Wayland while legacy is on X11. Wayland I guess just isn't using the TV for some reason and it also has nothing like xrandr to give me any feedback.

• Generic = GBM only (not Wayland) supporting only Intel/AMD chips

Generic Legacy = Xorg supporting Intel/AMD and nVidia chips

xrandr is (as the name suggests) an Xorg thing so doesn't exist in the normal image. If output is on the wrong screen you'll have to add kernel boot params to disable output on the laptop screen (allowing DP to be auto-selected). If there's no output at all you'll need to share system and Kodi logs for further investigation. Or just stick with the Legacy image (for as long as we create it).