Media playback fails on first select

• I'm running LE 11.0.3 on a Raspberry Pi 4 8 GB. I just updated from 10. something to 11.0.3, but the issue pre-existed the update.

The issue affects both video and audio playback. When I select a media item, it should play, but instead it loads, plays for maybe a fraction of a second, then stops, as if I had hit the "Stop playback" button myself. When I select it to play again, it will play as normal. It consistently fails the first time and plays without problem the second time.

I have two local drives plugged in to the device. All the series are on one, with movies split over the two. Music plays from a samba share. I mention this fact to point out that the issue doesn't seem to depend on the hard drive sleeping or something like that, playback from two local drives and a network drive suffers the same problem. I turned on logging and recreated the issue and have tried to chop it down to the relevant moment. The film is "6 Globos (2018).mkv".

I think I can pin down where I hit play for the second time (the first time is in the first line or two of the logfile), timestamp is 2023-12-10 13:23:19.993.

Is there any way of fixing this? I haven't been able to find other threads about this issue, but if you've any idea, please do point me in their general direction (even if you just have some useful keywords for searching around this issue, they'd be hugely appreciated).

Thanks in advance.