Weird remote control setup and weird CEC question

• Raspberry Pi4

Libreelec 9.2

I have a new Chromecast 4K from Google and my Libreelec on Raspberry pi4 connected to a Sony AV Receiver that connects to my old JVC TV.

I use a Harmony remote for Libreelec and the Chromecast for the Google device, which is very limited in functions (e.g. no stop button).

CEC is enabled in all devices, i.e. TV, AVR, Google and Libreelec. CEC works fine, as I can switch inputs via Chromecast, control volume of the AVR and tell Libreelec to stop playing when changing the source.

Now when I'm in Libreelec and press the "home" button of the Chromecast remote is nicely switches to Chromecast through the AVR.

But switching back to Libreelec seems not to work.

It means, if I use the Harmony remote and press e.g. home button or live-TV, it does not switch the AVR input to Libreelec (I know it's just a IR remote). Only if I press the input button on the Chromecast remote, it will switch to Libreelec (but then the buttons of the Chromecast do not work with Libreelec).

Question: Is there any setting/way to switch the AVR input to Libreelec when pressing a button of my Harmony IR based remote? I tried all settings in the CEC menu, but to no avail.

PS: I tried Chewitt's advice to disconnect and power off all devices and then reconnect and power on, but didn't help.

PPS: I use a IR diode connected to the GPIO for the Harmony remote.

Edited once, last by urmale (November 25, 2023 at 11:44 PM).