Posts by urmale

I have Libreelec 9.2.8 on Raspberry Pi4 and I use DVBViewer Client for importing TV channels and EPG from a server to watch TV via Libreelec. Skin is Amber.

What I would like to change is the layout on the TV page on the right hand side. I would need to increase font size of the channel titel/name, e.g. "3Sat HD" and remove the EPG data just below the title/name, if possible.

I tried to change the "View_PVR.xml" and "MyPVRChannels.xml" (in the 1080i skin folder of the Amber skin), but I didn't succeed.

Can someone guide me where to make those changes?

Raspberry Pi4

Libreelec 9.2

I have a new Chromecast 4K from Google and my Libreelec on Raspberry pi4 connected to a Sony AV Receiver that connects to my old JVC TV.

I use a Harmony remote for Libreelec and the Chromecast for the Google device, which is very limited in functions (e.g. no stop button).

CEC is enabled in all devices, i.e. TV, AVR, Google and Libreelec. CEC works fine, as I can switch inputs via Chromecast, control volume of the AVR and tell Libreelec to stop playing when changing the source.

Now when I'm in Libreelec and press the "home" button of the Chromecast remote is nicely switches to Chromecast through the AVR.

But switching back to Libreelec seems not to work.

It means, if I use the Harmony remote and press e.g. home button or live-TV, it does not switch the AVR input to Libreelec (I know it's just a IR remote). Only if I press the input button on the Chromecast remote, it will switch to Libreelec (but then the buttons of the Chromecast do not work with Libreelec).

Question: Is there any setting/way to switch the AVR input to Libreelec when pressing a button of my Harmony IR based remote? I tried all settings in the CEC menu, but to no avail.

PS: I tried Chewitt's advice to disconnect and power off all devices and then reconnect and power on, but didn't help.

PPS: I use a IR diode connected to the GPIO for the Harmony remote.

Hi,

just a short question. I would like to store the online trailers - which you can start from movie info - locally during watching. Is that possible? Or any advice where I could start reading?

I tried Youtube-DL-Control add-on, but this didn't work and didn't find any other solution in the repositories.

Guess that isn't easy since DASH/HLS.

Youtube add-on works.

Raspberry Pi4

Libreelec 9.2

Hi need some help, as I got stuck.

Librelec 9.2.8 on Raspberry Pi 4.

I want to have 1080i resolution and (since it isn’t detected) checked tvservice:

LibreELEC-WZ:~ # tvservice -m CEA

Group CEA has 9 modes:

mode 1: 640x480 @ 60Hz 4:3, clock:25MHz progressive

mode 2: 720x480 @ 60Hz 4:3, clock:27MHz progressive

mode 3: 720x480 @ 60Hz 16:9, clock:27MHz progressive

mode 4: 1280x720 @ 60Hz 16:9, clock:74MHz progressive

mode 5: 1920x1080 @ 60Hz 16:9, clock:74MHz interlaced

mode 17: 720x576 @ 50Hz 4:3, clock:27MHz progressive

mode 18: 720x576 @ 50Hz 16:9, clock:27MHz progressive

mode 19: 1280x720 @ 50Hz 16:9, clock:74MHz progressive

(native) mode 20: 1920x1080 @ 50Hz 16:9, clock:74MHz interlaced

When using

tvservice -e “CEA 5”

the TV reports 1080i, but the libreelec Gui is not adapting to the higher resolution and therefore just like a window in the upper left corner of the TV, while the rest stays black (see picture). And I cannot change the display resolution in the settings to the 1080i, there is no option.

So I added in config.txt the following:

hdmi_group=1

hdmi_mode=5

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

Distroconfig.txt is included and contains these two entries:

dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d

disable_overscan=1

But then libreelec starts always in 720p, kind of ignoring my setting. If I try then tvservice -e “CEA 5” same thing happens, Gui not scaling, while TV changes into 1080i.

Is there something I could try in addition?

Indeed 50Mbit/s is the uplink and the roughly 250GByte would need about 12 hours to upload, which is somewhat ok, you're right. I would for simplicity use filezilla SFTP, put it into a queue and leave it running.

Tools for Ext4 do not really exist and WSL2 seems do cause trouble also somehow. I start liking your idea of Ext4, but there is one thing I am not sure yet, maybe you have some advice (as I never tested this before)or experience?

So far all is setup in LE. Meaning the folders for contents have been setup in LE, like the folder for movies, Music, grabbers, etc. Is it possible to format a flagged drive at all? If so, would LE still work then as before concerning the previous set-up of folders? Would you recommend mkfs.ext4 or parted? All assuming I use the same label which is "hdd".

^^ Fully understand, guess I didn't well consider that Ext4 is the best choice.

The devil is a bit in the details for me. My server is Windows based (TV Recordings/cards, downloads, video editing, and somehow same time for my job). Windows still has issues to write Ext4 ;(

Sure, I could have converted the disk to Ext4 remotely, but then would have to send send all of those multimedia content over the 50 kms over a 50 Mbit/s line (omg). That's why I desperately tried to correct it via SSH in first place.

But I guess I need to go there and either check the disk or indeed convert it and store the data then somehow locally.

Thanks for advice.

Hi,

as I had to increase disk space, I removed the existing USB SSD (formatted as NTFS (speed doesn't matter much)) copied the files on a Windows machine to the new larger one (also NTFS). Of course I disconnected the drives correctly in Windows to avoid open files (I actually shut down the Win machine after copy).

When I connected the new SSD to the LE, I can see the drive and shares from the Win machine, but I am unable to write to it:

I can see the USB SSD is mounter RO:

~/.config/system.d # mount | grep /dev/sda

/dev/sda1 on /var/media/hdd type fuseblk (ro,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096)

All other access to the SD-card for example is rw, so all works, so I wouls assume samba works correct.

Guess Windows done something to the SSD. I read a post from Chewitt somewhere that it may be that linux consideres the drive as somehow corrupted and thus mounts/flasgs it ro.

Before I do it, I wanted to get you opinion or experience, if it would help to unmount the SSD and run a fsck. Would this work with a NTFS drive? Would fsck -A /dev/sda1 clear a possible bad flag?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Just tested, umounted and ran fsck. Unfortunately didn't help, seemed fsck isn't really running, since -V didn't output anything (only fsck from util-linux 2.33.2). Of course owner is root and 777. Not sure it helps, but I did a dmesg | paste -> http://ix.io/3CJr

Full frame copies are truly putting a huge load to our little boxes, esp. with high resolutions these days.

Watching movies via VNC was never an option in my view, esp. sound wasn't transmitted, but for some occasional maintenance tasks, I was using VNC rather than Chorus, as it allowed the remote user to see what I was doing (mainly adding movies or series to the DB and switching the scraper to get best results).

Would be great, if VNC-like solution is someday coming back.

Thanks a lot chewitt!

Thank you chewitt,

understood and I was kind of already expecting that there is nothing that can be done.

I hoped some flag in the settings could help, as 1080i was somehow automatically displayed as 768, when I did setup the little box.

Sounds indeed interesting that you had thought about kind of VNC for LE10, but I guess that is quite a big task to do and (without knowing) the user base for such a feature may not be very high.

Hi all,

just a short question, if someone came across the same issue.

RPi 4B 4GB with LE 9.2.8 freshly setup. I need to remotely connect via VPN to this little box using Dispmanx VNC server (client is VNC Viewer in Windows).

The LE is connected to a 4k TV and Gui size is limited to 1080, resolution at 4k. All works fine, like SSH via VPN, Chorus, but VNC only displays a black screen. Interestingly (on phone) the user sees the mouse moving or sees the keypresses on the TV. During setup the LE was headless and VNC connected fine, but only with resolution of 1024x768. TV on or off make no difference (hdmi_force_hotplug is set).

So VNC connects, but only black screen here in my client. Could it be that 4k is simply not supported? I googled the world, but found no further info.

Any idea or report if it works would be helpful.

Thanks

PS: I saw the other thread concerning the suggestion to use Chorus, but that won't help in my case, as I need to guide a person remotely through the screens to explain and educate.