RK3328 4K HEVC stutter frame drop

• Hey ilmich

Tried out that image. Loads up and menus work a lot faster but its locked at 1920x1200 @ 60hz. This while plugged into my 4K Dell monitor.

So far, progress but I'm assuming there can be fixes to allow higher resolutions. Even when playing videos that are 4K, I see it still at that resolution.

Oh, I also noticed CPU was running at 600Mhz. Is that correct? I can't remember if it was or not. I also don't recall the DRAM speeds but it was running a lot faster in the menus so I assume it was running at a higher speed too.

Thanks,

Furman

• Hi FurmanSK your observations are correct, in many cases the operations are accelerated via hardware (gpu, decoding) so before the bottleneck was the ram which at low speeds kept the cpu busy which had the task of waiting and synchronizing the texture movements and video streams. the ram now runs at 800mhz and the bottleneck has moved (even if with estuary I reach 30fps)
    the resolution problem is known, from the little I've seen there is a regression in kernel 6.6 which has impacts almost everywhere. I'm trying to understand more

• Does the RAM run higher than 800mhz? Or is that the max? I can't remember off top of my head what these boards run at. I thought higher but yeah.

What's the plan for seeing about the resolution being stuck at lower resolution?

Thanks!

• Hi, actually in the librecomputer source repositories I saw that I can try to increase the clock a little more.I'll do some tests.
    Regarding the resolution problem with my monitor, everything works correctly with libreelec 9.2 (which has the vendor kernel). With all other subsequent versions it doesn't switch me to 720p (I don't have a 4k device). When you can, can you also do some tests with libreelec 9.2? Just to better understand if it supports all resolutions and therefore be on the safe side by trying to understand the differences between vendor and mainline (the drivers have been rewritten but the starting point is the kernel vendor)