Where did the "screen" command go?

• On LE9.x there was an add-on that included the "screen" command, It would let me start processes, log off, then come back later, re-attach the screen (console) and continue. (This one: https://linux.die.net/man/1/screen)

On LE 11.0.3 this seems to be missing. I've installed all possible add-ons (I think) that could provide this but no luck so far. Which add-on provides support for this console command? Or has it been discontinued?

// F

• It's in the system-tools addon

so long,

Hias

I had that one installed, but 'screen' wasn't there. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it, which solved the problem.

It looks like a few add-ons that I installed were not installed properly somehow. I've been battling with Wifi issues on the RPI4 (the dreaded "invalid-key" error issue) which may or may not have had anything to do with it.

Thanks!

// FvW

• You need to reboot or logout/login after installing the binary add-ons else they aren't in the $PATH and can't be found.

That's weird, because yesterday I uninstalled and re-installed the system-tools add-on and it worked right away! :)

• If it was already installed (and thus appended to $PATH at boot) the removal didn't alter $PATH in your current session and hence it should have been disoverable after reinstalling. If you uninstall > reboot > install .. it won't work again until another reboot or logout/login.

• Then something else must have gone wrong/weird/off-the-map because I did see the behavior I described. However, the problem is solved now,so upward and onward!