Do script commands exists for LibreELEC to change power states, and can they be sent via USB?

• RPi4 can power off via scripted keyboard commands, but you cannot power on via the flirc USB receiver as the RPi4 board (when off) does not power the USB ports to receive the IR wake signal. The normal way around this with Pi 0/1/2/3/4 hardware is to have a power-board with IR sensor connected to the GPIO pins. The IR sensor is powered independently so can receive a wake command and then power-on the board via the +5v/GND GPIO pins not the normal USB-C connector. In that setup the Flirc USB receiver is redundant since you now have a permant IR sensor on the board.

RPi5 should in-theory be able to do the USB-wake scenario as the RP1 and BCM2712 chips have the combined capability to support low-power states like 'suspend' where selected subsystems remain powered-enough to receive input and wake up again (as with some x86_64 hardware or Android boxes). The caveat is that this support requires firmware which is both complex and still actively being written (work in progress) so if you pre-ordered an RPi5 board today there's no guarantee that will work OOTB when boards ship or for some time after. It's definitely something that Pi devs are exploring and working on though.

• RPi4 can power off via scripted keyboard commands, but you cannot power on via the flirc USB receiver as the RPi4 board (when off) does not power the USB ports to receive the IR wake signal. The normal way around this with Pi 0/1/2/3/4 hardware is to have a power-board with IR sensor connected to the GPIO pins. The IR sensor is powered independently so can receive a wake command and then power-on the board via the +5v/GND GPIO pins not the normal USB-C connector. In that setup the Flirc USB receiver is redundant since you now have a permant IR sensor on the board.

If it requires this kind of workaround then I'm ok with just letting it stay powered 24/7. The main reason that I wanted to turn it off is so that IPTV Simple Client was not streaming and wasting bandwidth for the 20-22 hours a day that I was not watching TV.

Someone mentioned HDMI-CEC to me but I do not understand if this will stop the stream when the TV is turned off or if it just cuts the signal to the TV but keeps streaming and wasting bandwidth and data. I don't want the CEC to put the device into standby, Just kill the feed. (I've heard that the Pi4 will not wake via CEC.) If CEC is not what I am looking for is there a script that can be used to either stop the feed? I can bind it to my remote.