Youtube Add crash using an RPi4

• Hi,

After successfully getting the youtube add-on to work [using all the google app IDs and secrets] I suddenly found that the app started to crash after showing just a minute or so of any video.

I have worked out what the cause is but I am positing here firstly in case anyone else has the same issue or if anyone can give more details of why the crash happens.

This only happens on a RPi4 instance of libreelec [version 11.0.1 PRi4.arm]. I have another instance on an RPi3 running 11.0.1 RPi2.arm that runs crash free.

After much experimentation, the evidence points to a setting under Settings->player->videos->PRIME Render Method

I had changed this setting from 'Direct to Plane' to EGL so I could play videos from my android phone. I found that with the setting at 'Direct to Plane' the orientation and aspect ratio of mp4 files from my phone would be wrong. Changing to EGL fixed this.

However, after much testing I find that the Youtube add-on crashes with this setting. If I switch back to 'Direct to Plane' the Youtube add-on is stable.

On the RPi3, the Youtube add-on is stable with either setting under settings->player->videos.

I have attached the crash log. Thanks for reading.

John T.