LE 11 & ir-keytable persistent

• Hi,

running LE 11.0.3 on Raspberry Pi 3 with TSOP receiver. Have a cheap IR remote control (called Alma) and created successfully a working toml-file for it, which can be loaded with ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/nec_alma.toml and used without problems.

Here the first lines of the file 'nec_alma.toml'

Code
    # Manually adapted from /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/nec-terratec-cinergy-xs.toml
    [[protocols]]
    name = "nec_terratec_cinergy_xs"
    protocol = "nec"
    variant = "nec"
    [protocols.scancodes]
    0x10f = "KEY_HOME"

Now I want this configuration persistent on boot.

My /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg looks like:

Found the wiki with the old format (not toml). Found old postings here and here. Have no old file /storage/.config/lircd.conf

After booting the output of ir-keytable is:

After ir-keytable -c -w ~/.config/rc_keymaps/nec_alma.toml it looks like:

I don't understand why there is still shown: Default keymap: rc-rc6-mce. Also there only kernel modules according to 'rc6' loaded:

Code
    lsmod | grep rc6
    ir_rc6_decoder         20480  0
    rc_rc6_mce             16384  0

But the remote control works and putting this command in /storage/.config/autostart.sh works also for rebooting.

Where is my fault? Any hints?

Regards

Thomas aka Thessy

• There are 2 minor - but important issues:

First, you have to use "gpio_ir_recv" (as reported under "Driver:" in the ir-keytable output) as the first parameter, not "gpio-rc-recv" (that was the old driver name several years ago, but that has changed).

Second, the "rc-rc6-mce" keytable parameter comes from the IR driver, and in this case the gpio-ir dtoverlay (the dtoverlay has a parameter to change that, but that's not needed and could cause other issues if you invent some new name here) - see https://github.com/raspberrypi/li…DME#L1315-L1316

To keep it simple you can ignore the keytable name and use "*" as the second parameter.

So, to sum it up, rc_maps.cfg should look like this:

Code
    gpio_ir_recv * nec_alma.toml

so long,

Hias