Power Button on Cooler MAster Pi Case 40v2 Not Working

• Hello

I have a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB, it is running:

Latest Stable Version (2023.07)

LibreELEC 11.0

-Kodi 20.2

-Linux Kernel 6.1.x

I just use it to run Kodi as my media player. I recently bought the Cooler Master Pi Case 40v2 which comes "...included with a power button to easily power on and off the system without having to remove the power source from the Raspberry Pi. The power button is reconfigurable to any other action with a simple change in code..."

From the documentation the button "...shortens pin 5 and 6 when pressed (GPIO3 and GND)...".

I had, probably incorrectly, though that if you popped the pi in the case it would work (by magic). I have a feeling now that it perhaps works out the box on Raspberry Pi OS. (I'm not sure what that is - but I guess it is not what is installed on my pi).

What I would like to ask here is that is there any way to make this button work when running Kodi? (or do you say when running LibraELEC as I believe that is the OS Kodi runs on?)

My desired outcome would be that you would press the button and the pi would turn on, then if you press it again it would turn off (so I don't need to plug and unplug the power cable when using Kodi)

I apologise as I'm not very technical. I've searched for mention of the specific case and issue here but couldn't find anything and I don't know enough about how it works to work out if there are already posts about the issue but perhaps written in a slightly different way.

Thanks