Odroid-C2 wake up via HDMI CEC

• Hi,

First of all I must say, that I was happy to recently learn, that LibreELEC has decided to continue support for Odroid-C2.

I am a long time user of CoreELEC, but since they discontinued support for C2, I've been kinda stuck with Kodi 18 and I'm beginning to feel the effects of lacking updates.

So I decided to install LE11.0.1 to test out, if I could continue using my C2, so this is an all new and clean install, but on initial testing, some issues surfaced.

I cannot wake up the C2 with HDMI CEC commands from the TV. Usually I power on the TV with the remote, and the TV is waking the C2.

So I decided to look into this, and I stumbled across this wiki on Hardkernel, discussing this exact issue:

odroid-c2:application_note:ir_wake_up [ODROID Wiki]

So I was wondering...

Could it be, that the LE boot firmware is compiled without the BL301 firmware souce code, that was separated from the u-boot repository?

I see that LE is running a much more recent u-boot version than CE:

LibreELEC:

U-Boot 2022.10 (Mar 18 2023 - 15:18:20 +0000) odroid-c2

CoreELEC:

U-Boot 2015.01 (Sep 07 2021 - 08:33:42)

... also the article mentions this, which makes me believe, that this has worked before.

"The ODROID user, Kwiboo implemented IR and CEC wake-up sequences for LibreELEC."

(and then some links to forum and github posts about this)

Does anyone have some more insight on this, and possibly knows how to make this work on the latest LE image for Odroid-C2 ?

• I have identical issue.

With CoreElec the Odroid C2 did turn on automatically when I powered up the TV.

Is there a way to do this via some CEC settings ?

• Update:

I just can not get it to work.

In LibreElec you can find the CEC settings here:

Click the GEAR icon -> System -> Input -> Peripherals -> CEC Adapter

Note: in BASIC modus it does not work therfore choose STANDARD, ADVANCE or EXPERT mode !