Can't get past libreelec spash screen using composite on pi3

• trying to do NTSC composite on a rasberry pi3. I used the USB-SD creator to make my micro sd. it didnt get past the rainbow boot at first but i adjusted my boot settings for ntsc composite. now it just gets to the LE spash screen and doesn't do anything. it shows the rainbow boot screen, then it shows the libreelec spash screen, and it just stays frozen on it. really wanted to set up a media player on my cool little old tube tv, thought it was going to be super easy, burn an sd card image and turn it on, ha, 5 hours of frustration later i give up. what am i doing wrong??? if you plug it into an hdmi display it gets past the bootscreen and works. it's the newest version, 11.0.1

Edited once, last by PeteJ (March 28, 2023 at 1:57 AM).

• just realized no one can even see my question since it has to be approved by a moderator. anyways i installed an earlier build 9.2.8 from back in 2020. it works. abosilutley no problems. i can't belive i spent so much time today trying to make this work, just to try an older version and have that just work without doing anything. what am i missing out on by having a 3 years old version? i am so frustrated with how i wasted my day i think im just going to stick with the old one. does the new version not even support composite?

• Code
    video=Composite-1:720x480@60ie  <= NTSC
    video=Composite-1:720x576@50ie  <= PAL

^ add one of those those to boot params in cmdline.txt; notice that PAL gives higher resolution than NTSC so if the TV supports it, use PAL.

LE11 will have better compatibility with add-ons. LE 9 is starting to show age now.

• FYI: If you do a clean installation of LE11 config.txt will contain the instructions how to enable composite video:

C
    ###############################################################################
    # Use distroconfig-composite.txt instead of distroconfig.txt to enable
    # composite video output.
    # The composite video mode needs to be configured in cmdline.txt:
    # For PAL add: video=Composite-1:720x576@50ie
    # For NTSC add: video=Composite-1:720x480@60ie
    ################################################################################
    include distroconfig.txt
    #include distroconfig-composite.txt

so long,

Hias

• I did those instructions in the config txt correctly before making the original post. Before doing them it didnt even show the splashscreen. now it is showing a perfect looking libreELEC spash screen on my tube tv but just stays frozen on it. but if i plug it into hdmi it works fine.

• Show us your config.txt and cmdline.txt files

In pretty much all cases so far people didn't add the video=... option to cmdline.txt correctly, eg adding the option in a second line (as the cmdline.txt file name suiggest, it has to contain a single line without line breaks).

so long,

Hias