Docker build issues

• Hi,
    I was trying to build LibreELEC 11 using the focal docker image via:

However, the build fails at building kodi with the following (slightly reformatted) error message:

Seems like to me that m4 is build the host toolchain but perl struggles to find it.

I was able to create a quick & dirty workaround to make it compile on my system by adding the following lines to the Dockerfile:

Code
    RUN ln -s /build/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-devel/toolchain/share/autoconf /usr/local/lib/site_perl
    RUN ln -s /build/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-devel/toolchain/bin/autoconf /usr/bin/autoconf
    RUN ln -s /build/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-devel/toolchain/bin/autom4te /usr/bin/autom4te
    RUN ln -s /build/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-devel/toolchain/bin/autoheader /usr/bin/autoheader

This is a rather unstable workaround as it hardcodes the build path which depends on the build parameters.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

(I do not know anymore why I added PATH=/build/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-devel/toolchain/bin:$PATH, so it might not be required)

• (I do not know anymore why I added PATH=/build/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-devel/toolchain/bin:$PATH, so it might not be required)

It should not be required, I don't use LE's Docker files, but their jammy Dockerfile is the same as mine except I run with UID/GID from the outside user so I don't had to fiddle with permissions with the mounted volumes.

Running the container looks like this:

docker run -it --rm -v $(pwd):/build -w /build -e PROJECT=RPi -e DEVICE=RPi4 -e ARCH=ARM libreelec make image

Docker already will wrap it in /bin/sh -c. No path modifications, no symlinks, nothing. It just works. You may want to make sure your permissions are umask 022.