Installation Problem (AMD Ryzen 5 5560U)

• Interesting ... I have been trying to do something similar (install generic 10.0.4) as lojelo again on an AMD machine, but get a somewhat different issue. The installer starts and gives me the 3 options, but when I type in installer or wait the 5 seconds, the install hangs, with just a cursor at the top of the display.

The machine is:

• AMD Ryzen 5 5560U with Radeon Graphics
    • 1TB SSD
    • BeeLink motherboard/system

I have been trying the advice from mglae regarding the BIOS, USB ports and USB sticks - I have tried all the ports and 3 different sticks so far and all give the same result. I don't have another machine with an SSD that I can do the install on :(

I did also try with 10.95 - the installer works fine and completes properly, but unfortunately once everything is installed I get green artifacts all over the screen whenever I move up/down/left/right with the arrow keys or move the mouse.

• CvH - I had tried installing 10.0.4 Generic, but had issues with the installer not wanting to run (tried multiple different USB sticks, and every time just got left with a cursor top left of the display). Having been reading a bit more last night, I am thinking of going back and trying an install with 10.0.2 ... but at present (almost) everything on 10.95 Legacy is working that I want, so I am a little reticent to do so.

I say almost since there seems to be an issue where when the WiFi is being used, it stays connected, but when it isn't, it disconnects and then needs manual reconnection ... I hadn't mentioned this so far since I was still at the 'I must be doing something daft, check the forums more' stage.