Can i install 3rd party software and scripts?

• I have a Pi 3b+ and had been running libreelec for a couple years now and have been really happy with it. I just added a Pi Sugar 2 battery board and that's where my problems started. The Pi Sugar has an install script that installs a web interface to be able to see the battery level, and to be able to set the actions of a programable button (shutdown, reboot...). But when I SSH to libreelec, I can't seem to do much of anything in the terminal. No "apt install..." no "yum" no "snap"... I'm not a linux guru by any means and I know that libreelec is "just enough linux for kodi", but I feel like there has to be a way to expand the functionality to install other things in the background. Any help would be much appreciated.

I tried switching to Raspberry OS and just installing Kodi on that, but I had performance issues doing that (putting that question in a separate thread).

I posted topic like this before but i lost my account so i have to submit 1 more time

Pls help me if u know,thanks !

• Most monitoring tools have install scripts that assume sudo is needed and wrong path locations for LE, but as dependencies aren't complex the scripts can be adapted to run on LE without much effort. You can run more complicated things in Docker containers; but that's more for application stacks than simple things.

If you can point to an online location for the installer script someone can see what might be needed.