LE10 workaround for wifi psk "invalid key" issues w/o ethernet

• Hi,

is there a way to work around the "invalid key" wifi issue on LE 10 with complex passwords that does not involve ethernet?

i.e. I'd love to make it happen via another wifi ssid w/ trivial password.

From what I read here (thx to all contributing!!!!), it would need to occur while connman is stopped,

as it'll overwrite config in

~/.cache/connman/wifi_<adapter id>_<ssid id>_managed_psk/settings

at any time.

I figured I could script the config change like below, but my settings are still being overwritten despite connman stopped (I suppose).

My idea was to background nohup chaining connman stop, overwriting complex pw ssid config, removing trivial pw ssid config, connman start.

Butchering sleeps in between (which to my understanding should not be required actually) as below did not help.

Any ideas would be muchos appreciated :angel:

Alternative would be to build a wrapper for passing passphrase to connman via stdin, but I'm not sure how to get there if I'm honest..

P.S.: If this is really a complexity topic, I have strong reason to believe the "?" char breaks it in my case.

• Nevermind actually, maybe I should have read nohup.out (Error was "Filename too long")

So I settled for running it from a file instead & accidentally discovered nohup, as well as backgrounding, were redundant.

See below in case you came here with the same question :)

• Depends on your definition of "too long" I guess :)

Whats interesting imo though is same passphrase, length and content works fine on my 2,4ghz ssid.

Only difference on 2,4g pw is that it has a "!" where 5g is "?"