Odroid-C2 discussion

• Hi, first of all thx for this awesome software! Happy user here.

I have Libreelec 11 on my Odroid C2 and I was using Coreelec before. And here it comes coz I have little trouble and i don't know where it is.

In Coreelec, when system goes to "sleep" mode, it was abel to set TV screen to completely black mode, but with Libreelec the TV screen is also black but TV is "shining" (this is where annoying at night) and I don't know where should i look or turn some DEBUG logs(I tried KODI logs, CEC logs without success) to get more information how to archive same totally black screen saver at Libreelec.

Any idea where should I look? Or am I only one who is facing this "problem"? Thx again

PS: when I switch back to Coreelec then this "totally black screen saver" works like a magic.

PS2: mby somehow get DEBUG msg from kernel, but for witch component?

• Install the "Turn Off" screensaver from the Kodi repo. It turns the screen off instead of just showing a full-screen black image.

Thx for reply, but unfortunately I have old LG TV and it cant go off via CEC command so only full-screen black image is my current options.

PS: so my workaroud is esp32 as IR remote controler and send ON/OFF command throw little tune up Turn Off screensaver. Thx again for a hint!

Edited once, last by sodd (May 14, 2023 at 2:26 PM).

• I have the issue that the Odroid C2 does not wake up when powering on the TV.

Someone else had this issue too: Odroid-C2 wake up via HDMI CEC

When I was using CoreElec it did that standard, when I power on my TV the Odroid C2 started up as well.

Would be nice to have such feature in the settings.

Is there any workaround to achieve this ?

• I was also using the latest LibreElec on my C2, and the power went out. Power came back on and the C2 couldn't find my hard drive so I was able to see that the har drive wasn't working because apparently, the drive was in a caching state when the power went out, left some bits open and I had to go into Linux on my main PC and correct the drive. Everything came back up. Power went out a few days later and the same thing happened so I fixed the drive again.

Went back to CoreElec 9.2.8 (last C2 version) and the power went out again but my hard drive was fine when the power came back on.

(I live in a very rural area and when it rains, there's a good chance the power will pop off for a few minutes. It happens)

Seems LibreElec is doing something different when the hard drive is being used, I think one of the times the power went out, I wasn't watching or using the hard drive at all and still had to fix the drive. Devs may want to look into what is caching the drive on power loss and corrupting bits. I'll just have to manage with CoreElec 9.2.8 until I can get a C4 or something else.

• If the box boots to the kernel a drive in an "unclean" state will be detected and automatically fsck'd. If the drive doesn't get that far, the issue resides in upstream u-boot; which likely follows the Linux "stop in case you break something" approach rather than the vendor u-boot) "run

vendor code to fix things" approach. I'm not sure there's much to be done here, but the workaround would be to install HD vendor u-boot on the SD/eMMC and then boot LE using the "box" image instead of the "board" image. Then you have the benefits of very poorly written vendor code "fixing" your broken filesystem at the u-boot stage and it might continue booting.

I used to live in a house with frequent power cuts and no amount of software workarounds ever beat running essentials (things that you don't want to constantly fix or risk breaking) from a small UPS.

• I've always found CEC to be slow and complicated and having six or more CEC-capable devices attached to the same AVR causes all kinds of random crap .. so it's disabled in my AVR and I never (ever) test it, and have zero knowledge (or solutions) for any issues that exist. For me, CEC has a large SEP field errected around it.

• If the box boots to the kernel a drive in an "unclean" state will be detected and automatically fsck'd. If the drive doesn't get that far, the issue resides in upstream u-boot; which likely follows the Linux "stop in case you break something" approach rather than the vendor u-boot) "run

vendor code to fix things" approach. I'm not sure there's much to be done here, but the workaround would be to install HD vendor u-boot on the SD/eMMC and then boot LE using the "box" image instead of the "board" image. Then you have the benefits of very poorly written vendor code "fixing" your broken filesystem at the u-boot stage and it might continue booting.

I used to live in a house with frequent power cuts and no amount of software workarounds ever beat running essentials (things that you don't want to constantly fix or risk breaking) from a small UPS.

That never happened with CoreElec or LibreElec 9.0.2, just odd that LibreElec 11 builds are doing this. It's almost like write cache is open all the time and when a power cut happens, it borks something because caching was left open. LibreElec 9.0.2 build doesn't do this, only the LE 11 builds

• There is almost nothing in-common between LE9 and LE11 images; so while it might be true observation it's also rather meaningless (or, not useful) because literally everything has changed (boot/kernel/kodi/etc.)