No HDMI output on RPI 4 to TV

• updated to 10.2 libreelec. On a raspberry pi 4. On boot up displays a couple of boot screens but the main KODI screen never displays.

If I use a standard HDMI monitor libreElec starts all the way through the Kodi screen. At this point I can unplug from the HDMI monitor and plug it into the TV's HDMI port and I can view and interact with everything.

Use to work on the 9.X versions ||

pastekodi

http://ix.io/3ZRn

http://ix.io/3ZRP

Edited once, last by hasii2019 (June 10, 2022 at 9:20 PM).

• Same for me.

Bought a new Raspberry Pi 4 and installed the latest version of Libreelec (10.0.2).

It worked fine on my office screen, but when I connected it to an old TV, the screen is black and the TV shows that there is no contact.

TV is completely black when starting up to TV.

I have tested a lot of tips and made changes to both config.txt and cmdline.txt but nothing seems to work.

So I need help moving forward.

All tips are gratefully received.

• Output of modetest and kodi log may be useful (you should be able to ssh in).

It may also be of interest to switch to the fkms driver.

You'll need to edit /flash/distroconfig.txt. Change:

dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-512

to

dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d,cma-512

• I had the same problem with a legamaster presentation screen.

I changed the distroconfig.txt file, but now the screen has no input.

Is there an other way to solve this problem?

• i found this thread because i was having issues getting my raspberry pi 4 model b to connect to the rear seat entertainment fire tv screens in a 2023 jeep wagoneer, i would get the rainbow screen and then a black screen, i made this simple fkms driver adjustment and it immediately worked - now i’ve got to move on and figure out how to program a custom output resolution to match these screens so there’s no scaling, but at least we’ve got signal now! thank you

• You need an edid to be provided by display to be able to choose a suitable output mode.

My guess is yours doesn't.

If you power on, connected to display with no sdcard or usb connected do you see the diagnostic screen?

What does the "display:" line report?