Performance on Celeron N5105 is quite poor

• I was struggling with software decoded content on an RPi4 so I decided to try a low power x86_64 CPU. The 10w N5105 seemed to be a good bet.

It shipped with Windows 11 so I tested out Kodi on Windows to see if it could handle the content or not. There were no problems. Hardware decoding and software decoding were both acceptable.

With this in mind, I installed LibreElec. The latest release version failed to load Xorg. I assumed this was drivers and so I switched to the latest nightly. With that, it booted no problem but performance was troubling. Even DVD quality avi files took one core to 100% usage and playback was terrible. Everything I tried wouldn't play consistently.

Next I tried the live image of a Linux distro. Again everything worked without issue.

Is this something that can be fixed through configuration or do I just need to wait for future support?

Here is the inxi information from the Linux live session if any of the hardware info is relevant.

Display Spoiler
  • Even DVD quality avi files took one core to 100% usage and playback was terrible.

this should work easily with that system

can you post some log from a LE nightly ? (LE runs live too)

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link