Vaio Care on startup

• Hi everyone! It's my first time using libreec, and Linux distro in general, and I did transform my broken Sony vaio in a media box using Kodi. It's all doing fine, but at every startup vaio Care recovery pops up: since I overwrite Windows to install libreelec, I don't know how ti block this vaio Care to show up! Any tips?

• Sony Vaio Recovery is located in a hidden Recovery partition of the hard drive. I guess you have to remove that partition before formatting the drive and installing Libreelec.

• I guess you have to remove that partition before formatting the drive and installing Libreelec.

me is unsure, but does the LE installer allow to leave partitions (in this case a hidden one) on a drive ?

I could image a boot key/a bios setting/something in the boot sector is tied with the recovery partition, which (my guess) doesn't exist anymore.

I would read the manual, maybe there is a hint to remove the recovery stuff cleanly.

maybe there is a setting in the bios what searches/checks the recovery at box startup

maybe it's sufficing to overwrite the bootsector (if the installer doesn't handle this already - does he ?) via system-rescue USB stick.

SystemRescue - System Rescue Homepage

I slightly remember I had the similar issue with an samsung NC10 or an NF310 [1] years ago ...

Francesco Cianci did you ask the internet/sony forum regarding this issue ?

care to post a photo about what you see at startup ?