screen when switch off kodi(libreelec)

• When i switch off kodi (libreelec) i see an error/failer is that normal?

LibreELEC (offical): 10.0.2

[55.384740] [1195]:failed to unmaut/flash:device or resource busy

[55.385993] systemd-shutdown[1]: failed to finalize file system, loop devices, ignoring

• Go to Best Answer
  • Background info: On shutdown systemd tries to unmount all filesystem. But flash can't be unmounted as it contains the squashfs root filesystem (SYSTEM file) which is still mounted and being used (systemd/shutdown is executing from there).

In this case systemd shows a warning and remounts the filesystem read-only.

You can make this warning go away by appending "toram" to the end of kernel command line (eg cmdline.txt on RPi). LE then copies SYSTEM to RAM and /flash can be unmounted on shutdown. Note however that this needs about 150-200MB of RAM, so better don't use that if you run LE on a system with less than about 2GB RAM.

so long,

Hias

• So for me it looks a nicer way to shutdown

So I have to add "toram" at the end in a kernal command line

Where, In a file cmdline.txt?

• It would help if you tell us which system you are running LibreELEC on, the filename is different for RPi, x86, Allwinner, Rockchip etc

On RPi it's /flash/cmdline.txt

so long,

Hias

• this is in the "syslinux.cfg" file

-----------------

DEFAULT linux

PROMPT 0

LABEL linux

KERNEL /KERNEL

APPEND boot=UUID=C16D-AC53 disk=UUID=cc1c114c-9b00-43cd-9b33-a1142197e05c quiet

where is the run section?

• Forget about the run section (this will only be on the installation image), just add "toram" to the end of the APPEND line, after "quiet".

so long,

Hias