Intel NUC too slow looking for an other device

• Set the amount of output channels to "2" on LE's audio settings. Other channels will be encoded into those two then.

I already did set the Audio device to 2 channels...

In the previous post I did not mention that when I stop the ATMOS test sound video I have no sound in the GUI as well. Before starting the video the GUI sound was there. So I need to reboot libreelec to get sound back. Also all other videos have no sound after the test with an ATOMS sound Video... I have tested several of those ATMOS test sound videos all with the same result...

• Dev was answering to me. No obvious reasons found in the logs. Maybe some skeletons from an older LE installation are still biting.

Please create an USB stick with latest stable LE. Then run that stick in live mode, and try Atmos again. No user add-ons or skins.

• Dev was answering to me. No obvious reasons found in the logs. Maybe some skeletons from an older LE installation are still biting.

Please create an USB stick with latest stable LE. Then run that stick in live mode, and try Atmos again. No user add-ons or skins.

Ok did exactly what you suggested but still the same problem.

I did also try three more Atmos Videos from different sources but without any luck. And the same strange behavior, once I started an Atmos content (no audio) and after stopping the video no more GUI sounds as well even. I need to reboot before they come back

Ok did some further tests with different Audio formats

Those do work:

DTS 5.1

Dolby 5.1

And those do not work:

DTS-MA 5.1

DTS-MA 7.1

Dolby-HD 7.1

My speaker system doe support does formats:

LPCM 2ch, LPCM 5.1ch, LPCM 7.1ch, Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, DTS-ES Matrix 6.1, DTS 96/24, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X

And as already mentioned those videos play nicely in Kodi on a windows instance on the same hardware...

And here the latest two logs.
    http://ix.io/3XjT

http://ix.io/3XjU

Edited 2 times, last by gekoch: Ein Beitrag von gekoch mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt. (May 8, 2022 at 9:25 PM).

• Do you play from external SanDisk USB drive? If yes...

The issue appears on high-data-rate audio, so your external USB drive might be too slow.

a) reformat the USB drive to EXT4 (maybe LE doesn't like the current FAT format)

b) use a different USB cable

c) use a different USB drive with faster read access

• Do you play from external SanDisk USB drive? If yes...

The issue appears on high-data-rate audio, so your external USB drive might be too slow.

a) reformat the USB drive to EXT4 (maybe LE doesn't like the current FAT format)

b) use a different USB cable

c) use a different USB drive with faster read access

During the "live" tests (booted from an USB drive) I had to play from the same USB stick that I booted from.

Otherwise I "stream" all my Media over my 1GB network connection the same way I did when I tested kodi in a windows instance.

• During the "live" tests (booted from an USB drive) I had to play from the same USB stick that I booted from.

Otherwise I "stream" all my Media over my 1GB network connection the same way I did when I tested kodi in a windows instance.

Makes sense.

Please check pass-through activation again. Use the default skin, and activate "Expert" settings on LE's audio settings.

• pass-through: enabled
    • Dolby Digital receiver: enabled
    • DTS receiver: enabled

Try different audio output devices (HDMI MAI vs. MEI). Also try more than 2 output channels.

The debug logs are still a puzzle to me, because they have kernel errors. I'll have another look, soon...

• Makes sense.

Please check pass-through activation again. Use the default skin, and activate "Expert" settings on LE's audio settings.

• pass-through: enabled
    • Dolby Digital receiver: enabled
    • DTS receiver: enabled

Try different audio output devices (HDMI MAI vs. MEI). Also try more than 2 output channels.

The debug logs are still a puzzle to me, because they have kernel errors. I'll have another look, soon...

I always had all those formats activated in the Expert mode.

I have 10 different HDMI ports to choose from in the Passthrough list. I tested them all but with the same result as before...

I also changed the channels form 2 to 5.1 and 7.1 but no improvements on this side as well

Why does libreelec see so many HDMI ports? There are not 10 ports on the device...

• I have 10 different HDMI ports to choose from in the Passthrough list. I tested them all but with the same result as before...

I also changed the channels form 2 to 5.1 and 7.1 but no improvements on this side as well

Why does libreelec see so many HDMI ports? There are not 10 ports on the device...

Good point. I only have a TV connected over HDMI, and I have 5 audio output options in total. So your additional output options exist, because you have a TV and an AVR connected in a chain.

The order of that chain can be important. So if your current setup is NUC -> TV -> AVR, try NUC -> AVR -> TV.

• Yes, but not at the same time as libreelec but on a different hard drive.

That's why I know that Atmos with win 10 + kodi works on the NUC but libreelec has troubles playing atmos with the same hardware.