TV shows are on user/password protected SMB share. Read access works fine, but can't write. How to pass extra options to mount?

• I'm sharing my media via SMB to LibreELEC (LE is the SMB client) using a username and password protected share. I'm able to enter the username and password when prompted in LE so that's fine. And media plays fine too.

The problem is that I have extensions that need write access (Janitor to delete watched files for example, or downloading subtitles)

On other machines, I can use file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 or uid=myuser and this is enough to get write access to that share without sudo.

How do I achieve this on LE so that my password protected shares aren't read only?

Edited once, last by greycat (April 19, 2022 at 6:01 PM).

• Is there any reason for not firing up an NFS server and use Linux native sharing protocol instead of Samba? You can share the same volume over several protocols same time (from my long experience in Linux forums many users somehow think it is not possible).

• Is there any reason for not firing up an NFS server and use Linux native sharing protocol instead of Samba? You can share the same volume over several protocols same time (from my long experience in Linux forums many users somehow think it is not possible).

ACLs are much more complicated with NFS, that's the only reason. I don't have a practical and low overhead way of syncing UIDs and GIDs across all machines, containers, etc. on my network and whitelisting IPs is also hard to maintain. It's much easier to have a username and password to protect a share.