TV and receiver turns on after reboot pi 4

• So when I reboot my Pi 4, the TV (LG) and receiver (Marantz) turns on.

I have this set in the /flash/config.txt: hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

Before I used OSMC with that same option, but that went fine.

Also messed a bit with the CEC settings. Used the default and the settings I used in OSMC. But that made no difference.

So what else can I try?

• If you disable cec does the issue stop? (just to confirm it is cec related)

If you want cec enabled then you could try just disabling "switch source to this device on startup",

and make sure "devices to power on during startup" is set to none.

• I disabled CEC, there is no issue. If i disable these options, it also does not start my TV so that's good.

But my problem is a bit more complicated. This is what I'm trying to achieve.

I want to use the pi as a Kodi player and for squeezelite (installed the addon). In general I use squeezelite more. But these 2 programs don't run well together.

So when I boot the pi, I also start portainer. And this starts node red. Node red then stops Kodi and starts squeezelite.

When I send a http post to node red from yatse, this will stop squeezelite and start Kodi. Kodi then turns on the TV and receiver through the options you mentioned.

So I see a few options to solve my problem.

1. Kodi does not start the TV and receiver on reboot only.

2. Maybe the best one: prevent Kodi to even start on boot. My searches only gave me the option to stop Kodi on the command line: systemctl stop kodi. But this: systemctl disable kodi, did not work. So is this possible in any way?