No Audio Via HDMI

• Hi all.

First Post so hope it's in the correct place.

I have a NUC10 i3FNKN, running Libreelec 10.0.1 connected directly to my Samsung smart TV (can't remember the model but its 4k) via HDMI.

The issue I have is that the only audio option available in system settings is PULSE:Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO) .

I've tried disabling Bluetooth in bios settings as well as in Libreelec settings/services. I've also tried different HDMI leads plugged into different inputs but nothing has worked.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? I did a quick search before posting, but couldn't find a resolution. Could it be a handshake issue? I have tried turning the NUC/TV on and off in different orders, but it still didn't work.

Thanks in advance

• I have a NUC10 i3FNKN, running Libreelec 10.0.1

was this nuc ever playing well with LE release or is it a newly gotten box ?

if the last is true:

I guess the kernel (5.10.x) in LE 10.x is too old or has no sufficing support for your NUC10

try nightly

Index of /

- key in "gen" into the top box

- download the *.tar

- and place it in ~/.update on your nuc

- reboot

- reset BIOS to it's default

you now should see HDMI options for audio...

be aware:

not all addon's are currently available for nightly

Edited 2 times, last by GDPR-7 (March 15, 2022 at 8:49 PM).

• Thanks for the info JoeAverage

It solved the audio problem, which is great. However, it's created an issue with database versions.

I use MySQL to 'synchronise' my media throughout the house with my 'main' machine been my PC (Windows 10). My PC uses Matrix 19.4 and MyVideos119 (database version) but after updating the NUC to the latest nightly build that has migrated to MyVideos 120, which means they are no longer synchronised.

Is there a way to fix this at all, is there a previous 'nightly' build that may fix the audio, without updating the database version? I'll check on this from a KODI wWindows side as well.

Thanks

• Is there a way to fix this at all, is there a previous 'nightly' build that may fix the audio, without updating the database version?

sorry, I've very little/none experiences with MySQL stuff

and no, there are (currently) no elder nightlies, only the one from the last build (usually daily)

a homebrewed kernel and the exchange in Matrix might be a way...

but a howto and if it works: no idea !

Edited once, last by GDPR-7 (March 16, 2022 at 12:58 AM).