PiFi Digi+ with RasbPi 4B

• Hi all,

I have an issue using the PiFi Digi+ (equal to Hifiberry Digi) on my RasbPi 4B 1GB. I have the same issue as was discussed here:

lpiernik
    April 11, 2020 at 9:43 AM

and here:

HiFiBerry Digi Pro on RPi 4 no go

So, conclusion is, for some reason the board is not correctly recognized during startup and the WM8804 chip goes into HW mode. When I reset the chip by shorting pin 6 to GND and then doing a soft restart on the RasbPi, the Digi board will be recognized correctly.

As there is no solution so far, after each power cycle of the RasbPi I have to manually do the WM8804 reset to get the combination working.

My question would be if there is any SW solution to the problem (e.g. a script that restarts the Digi board after the RasbPi is powered up).

Thanks,

Sascha

• Hmm, I would have expected that the WM8804's reset line is wired to a GPIO and controlled by the driver to avoid such issues - but that doesn't seem to be the case (the hifiberry digi and digi pro overlays don't contain wlf,reset-gpio DT properties).

It's best you contact the manufacturer of your sound card, he should know how to deal with the issue.

so long,

Hias