Hauppauge Dual HD Tuner for Beyonwiz

• Not sure I've got myself on the right forum?

I've got an issue with this tuner for my Beyonwiz V2 PVR.

The PVR only recognises one of the two tuners available.

I contacted Hauppauge and they gave me the following advice

Response from HAUPPAUGE:
    Hello,
    There is a newer revision of the DualHD 204209 that requires a different firmware.
    REV C3I6 requires the following firmware file https://github.com/LibreELEC/dvb-firmwa ... -d60-01.fw
    Not sure how you would incorporate to your Beyonwiz, but in a linux environment it just needs to be copied to /lib/firmware

Now whether we are shipping the device in ISOC vs BULK mode I’m asking the engineers about this.
    We had shipped almost all devices for last few years in BULK mode.

regards,
    Technical Support USA
    HCW Distributing Corp
    New York

I have this latest tuner bought a couple of weeks ago.

With the above driver substituted for the original in the Beyonwiz V2 "internal flash/lib/firmware" directory , it now doesn't come up with any of the tuners, but the Beyonwiz says they are correctly enabled?

Can anyone assist please?

I note there has been a lot of traffic trying to get both tuners recognised for other systems.

Fast running out of ideas here ...

Kurt

• Sorry,

forgot to mention, my Hauppauge is a model 1590.

Thought it was the latest WinTV-dualHD, Dual Tuner USB, but I see another post from 2018, that is a model 1595 ...?

Kurt

• If I understood you correctly you have such a box ?

Beyonwiz V2 PVR Media Box - Beyonwiz
    Specifications Twin Tuner as Standard – Triple or Quad Tuner available via Single ($50) or Twin ($100) USB Tuners (Sold Separately) Huawei Hisilicon…
    beyonwiz.com.au

If so you are properly completely wrong here :)

LibreELEC is a operating system for Raspberry Pi and HTPC including Kodi as software.

We have a rather large collection of DVB firmware files, so likely the Hauppauge support just googled for that file and found it at our repository ;)

• Yes it is one of those (your photo).

Yes - I suspected they did that, based on the link they sent me. Haven't asked them yet.:thumbup: :)

Been clutching at straws getting my two Hauppauge tuners to start working as (- as advertised) dual tuners

Thanks for your response.

I'll keep your forum in mind when I get into Raspberry Pi.

Many Thanks,

Kurt

Australia