Import emulationstation + RetroArch Setup From RetroPie IMG (rpi4)

• Long time listener, first time caller, hieeee! 👋

I'm asking purely out of curiosity, here, and I'm not expecting (nor feel entitled to) any response, but thought it worth asking if anyone else has attempted similar within LibreELEC, as I've been very impressed with the nightly build I took yesterday for HDR video playback, and would like to have a more full system. So:

Can I import settings/config, etc, for es frontend with ra backend from a bespoke retropie IMG?

OK, so, in a bit more detail ... let's say I had a fully setup RetroPie IMG with a perfect Emulation Station frontend running on a RetroArch backend for cores, etc, on my pi4b.

Let's pretend I had that.

Let's imagine it.

If I were to plop Gamestarter on my beautiful, new, nightly LibreELEC build (which I want as the base due to how awesome the HDR playback has become), and then install both emulationstation and retropie ... could I conceivably import the setup from the retropie image?

I am aware that some key settings would need to be changed, and I can power through that (in terms of pointing at different install folders, or different AV hardware settings) and I would imagine that will take a fair bit of wrangling. But feasibly, is it possible?

extra nonsense if you can be bothered, but it's just noise, really

The only reason I ask is that 99.99999% of all emulator setups (incl. es/ra) are an absolute FIEND to setup properly, and I'm not even talking about controllers and audio/video stuff. I'm talking working rom-sets, bios', thumbnails, videos, which cores work, which ones don't, all that horrific non-sense. If I have a rock solid build elsewhere (again, can't stress this enough, irrespective of hardware/OS level stuff) for these things, that should be relatively transferrable, right?

• in libreelec 10.x i never got the emulationstation and retroarch from the gamestarter repo to work. with libreelec 9.x everything worked fine. i tried quite a lot and the ES stops at the startup screen. the gamestarter repo on github has not been maintained for a long time either...