Latest Image for Slice3 available

• Hi everyone,

I got myself a Slice3 but is has old software /firmware. ( Cannot get subtitles and 4K to work)

Where can i get the latest image?

The image that is shown with the USB tool is not available anymore

Greetz Ron

• LE 9.2.8 is the most recent image https://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-Slice3.arm-9.2.8.img.gz .. there are no LE10 images for RPi3 based hardware at the current time and there are no plans for further Slice images (not enough users to warrant the effort) but some work will be done to ensure the RPi2 image has the needed device-tree bits for it to be convertable for Slice3. NB: Slice3 has the same capablities as an RPi3 so there is no 4K support at all.

• Thanks for the quick reply Chewitt. i managed to create the USB tool. But now the trick is how to use it . Player does not boot from USB stick, and I don't see an option in the menu to update.

I am also a bit confused about Kodi. I have version 15.2. is this now build into the new image or is this something I have to install seperately.

Unfortunate there is not very much documentation about Slice, although is is a nice player

Thanks for your replies in advance.

• If the box is running Kodi Helix (15.2) I suspect you have a Slice (CM1) device not Slice (CM3) as the CM3 board was launched some time after we forked LE from OE (the original SliceOS was based on OpenELEC) and it's around the time 5Ninjas ceased trading. The simple way to check is the RAM size. If it's 512MB it's CM1, and 1GB it's CM3.

Either way, the original SliceOS was installed via NOOBS, and if you have a working install you should be able to cross-grade from SliceOS to LE after placing the .tar file in /storage/.update, but I would stop Kodi first (systemctl stop kodi) and rename /storage/.kodi to /storage/.kodi-old to move existing data out of the way as it's a large version jump and it's worth spring cleaning at the same time.

• No Luck unfortunately. After stopping Kodi, and renaming. Placed tar file in Update. Restarted, update started ok. After that only black screen. Recovery screen when device starts ( press button on remote) , does not work anymore.

• You will need to reflash the module from a Windows PC connected via USB cable (and some drivers, which need to be insalled). There are instructions for flashing core modules on the Raspberry Pi Foundation website (old links on the FiveNinjas GitHub site are dead now). The website instructions will not mention Slice, but they apply to any CM/CM3 device.