LE10/11 TrueHD + ATMOS audio drops

• Hi,

i have asked already in the kodi forum, but i've got no response at all and maybe it is more an issue with LE than kodi.

Atmos / TrueHD Fix - Matrix 19.3 - Testing for remaining issues

In that thread a sample file was shared and also reflect my issue which is not fixed for me and i want to figure out, why i got that audio drops.

With latest LE10 Release and now master LE11 from 01.feb. the issue has not changed for me.

My system is an asrock 4105j with 8 gb ram and a ssd hdd and connected via 1gbit eth to the network where it has mounted with nfs some folders.

I have enabled debug logging and also component logging (last on LE10) but i've got absolut no indication , why that zootopia or other files has audio drops. i have the drops with passthrough mode and also decoding to multi ch pcm. With multi ch pcm it is worse. So for me the hdmi connection to my onkyo av rz-830 seems to be okay and not the issue. Refresh rate switching is on and the video itself doesn't have any frame skipping during an audio drop. The drops also do not happend on the same frame/scene.

i have playbacked files from nfs mounted folder and also from local ssd. no change. TrueHD doesn't seems always be a problem. The dolby amaze demo has no drop. As also all other hbr audio formats like DTS Master Audio.

On LE11 it is new that i have got the message source is slow, but i can download files with round about 45-50 MB/sec which means around 450-500 MBit. For me it should be fast enough. As i have mentioned above, playback from local ssd the drops are also there.

I hope to get some ideas, what else i can check and try to solve that issue. The kodi thread could be read as, the issue is solved.

I have currently no full dbg log, but i can create one if somebody thinks he/she can see more.

Edited 2 times, last by dreamer (February 4, 2022 at 10:02 AM).

• What i have realized: True HD + ATMOS Tracks are round about 150ms out of sync and behind of Video. No other codec has such hugh delay. Actually i don't need to resync audio with any other codec.

My setup has no audio sync setted elsewhere.

I have removed many addons, which are deletable. No change.

Nobody any ideas?

• If the file with the dropouts is from a remote location (nfs), the first test to do is having the file locally. While GbE should be fast enough, when things don't work, verify all assumptions. I believe that True HD + Atmos requires a sustained high throughput and if there's any interruption, that can cause audio drops. With a normal file copy, it'll just slow down (temporary) and therefor take a (slight) bit longer. With audio, you'll get audio drops.

i have the drops with passthrough mode and also decoding to multi ch pcm. With multi ch pcm it is worse. So for me the hdmi connection to my onkyo av rz-830 seems to be okay and not the issue.

You have (audio) problems in both cases, but in some cases it's worse. How does that lead to the conclusion that the hdmi connection is fine?

I would actually suggest trying whether the problem is the same with a different hdmi cable. (verify your assumptions)

• recently i am enlighted. I have that all audio issues only with [email protected]

i have filled a bug report to get more attention from dev side and to get the right direction where to go further.

[BUG]LE10/LE11 HBR Audio PT Audio issue with [email protected] with J4105 · Issue #6237 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    Describe the bug As a starting point i need more guidance and knowledge of some experts. After serveral bug fixes of truehd pt in kodi last time my hope was to…
    github.com