[UNOFFICIAL][RK3228/RK3229][box]Libreelec builds

• hello there, ive figured out the solution which is to change the resolution and refresh rate in the kodi settings, tho now idk why but my connections tab is completely empty, it works with wired as ive tested(tho i wouldnt wanna use it since my router is half broken) but when theres no wired connection is it purely blank

maybe your box has an unsupported wireless chip. To confirm I would need photos of the internal board, or some photos taken from the Android settings. In any case if you don't want to use the ethernet card I recommend a USB wifi adapter

ilmich are you creating a new post on libreelec 12 or do you plan to keep this topic? I'll keep an eye on your progress.

I think I'll make a new post.

• Hi,

Thank you for this great build. I just have a question about the Python version these builds are using?

I am trying to install Zach's repo for games and am not able to get it working. I've installed v1.0.4. Installs but does nothing. I'm not able to install Advance Emulator Launcher or Internet Archive Game Launcher due to Python dependency not met. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!

• Hi luisfp

I just have a question about the Python version these builds are using?

the same as the official libreelec 11 which is 3.11.2.

I am trying to install Zach's repo for games and am not able to get it working. I've installed v1.0.4. Installs but does nothing. I'm not able to install Advance Emulator Launcher or Internet Archive Game Launcher due to Python dependency not met. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

it's strange, could you kindly send some logs?

• Hello everyone!
    First, thank @ilmich for this great port for rk322x devices!.

I have a tv box (crylight TVbox Art no 4412) based on the "r329q" motherboard in version 3.1 (cpu : rk3229 / ram K4B4G0446Q, emmc Samsung KLM8G1GEME).
    Boot from SD card works perfectly and dtb rk322x-box-mxq4kpro_r329q is OK :) it's perfect.

I'm now trying to install on the eMMC (using multitool or rkflashtool or rkdeveloptool)... Flash works fine, but when the box reboots, it can't find the MMC under UBOOT (when I break the boot process and use the mmc info command, I get no information):

Image used: LibreELEC-RK322X.arm-11.0-nightly-20240218-d7324fb-rk322x.img.gz (also tested with 20240312)

From multitool UBOOT :

Boot from LibreElec on eMMC :

If I boot Libreelec from SD card and force the boot from the eMMC : it's works! :

Code
    I can see all mmc devices :
    => mmc list
    dwmmc@30000000: 1 (SD)
    dwmmc@30020000: 0

I can even boot from it:
    devnum=0; run mmc_boot
    and everything works fine...

So I'm having a problem with uboot at startup from eMMC, but I can't figure out what it is.

Any idea?

• hi pocng it's strange because in both cases the emmc memory is detected by the miniloader

Code
    Boot1 Release Time: May 13 2019 17:02:59, version: 2.56
    ChipType = 0xc, 380
    mmc2:cmd19,100
    SdmmcInit=2 0
    BootCapSize=1000
    UserCapSize=7456MB

I'll try to make some changes to the bootloader and send you a test image.

• Hi ilmich

Thanks for your test build, but the same :(

Do you think putting the dtb of "rk322x-box-mxq4kpro_r329q" in the u-boot build would help?
    I've tried to recompile multiboot but so far nothing conclusive (I'll have to read some docs on how to properly generate the image for this platform ;) ) .

Any idea what the difference is between loading u-boot from the SD card and from the eMMC?

Thanks for your support :)

(from sdcard this test build work...)

Full log:

• hi pocng are you sure you have an mmc and not a NAND?

When you start the multitool it should alert you to the difference. This is because libreelec 11 does not work with NAND so the behavior you are complaining about is normal.

Which parameters did you modify in U-Boot?

I disabled NAND because since it doesn't work, there's no point in having it enabled in u-boot

• hi,

Yes, I'm 99% sure it's an eMMC. The chip on the mothercard is a KLM8G1GEME, and if I look at the Samsung datasheet, it's an eMMC (eMMC 5.1). Maybe enabling sdhci (Secure Digital Host Contoller Interdace) support in uboot ?

When i seen "dm tree" on multitool mshc is used...

mmc [ + ] rockchip_rk3288_dw_mshc |-- dwmmc@30000000
    blk [ + ] mmc_blk | `-- [email protected]
    mmc [ + ] rockchip_rk3288_dw_mshc |-- dwmmc@30020000
    blk [ ] mmc_blk | `-- [email protected]

regards,

• Hi ilmich , WIP :)

I change dts and rebuild u-boot file based on https://github.com/paolosabatino/…vbox.patch#L107 -> to 137 patch

• Hi ilmich ,

For the moment I'm trying to understand what this patch does exactly to set best option :) if you ever have good resources on understanding the possible options in DTS I'm interested, I'll do some testing, if I get something conclusive I'll open an MR. For the moment I've compiled the uboot present (tar.gz + patch) in your repository as standalone (for my tests), I've also set up the compilation chain for LibreElec with your repository but I'll have to read the manuals for good contributing ;) )

Regards

• jock2 is the greatest expert on these boxes (and beyond). Without him, these builds wouldn't exist because he taught me a lot. So the options he used are 100% the best.

I'll try to make some changes and send you a build to test.

For the options you can use in the dts unfortunately u-boot legacy is not well documented so the only way is to look at the driver

u-boot/drivers/mmc/rockchip_dw_mmc.c at next-dev · rockchip-linux/u-boot
    U-Boot tree for pending commits. Contribute to rockchip-linux/u-boot development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

However, from what I understand, the emmc that your box has is of a particular type and requires some precautions (I think the option that makes it work is the max-frequency option)

• pocng try this new build

Index of /libreelec-11/test/

Fingers crossed

I modified the emmc node like this

Code
    +&emmc {
    +	clock-frequency = <50000000>; ---> added
    +	clock-freq-min-max = <400000 50000000>; ----> added
    +	mmc-hs200-1_8v; ----> added
    +	/delete-property/ pinctrl-names; 
    +	/delete-property/ pinctrl-0;
    +	/delete-property/ default-sample-phase;
    +	status = "okay";
    +};
  • Hi ilmich, thanks for this build, but... No new build not boot : same things

Can you share your modification (diff?) to compare?

for max-frequency I based it on a DTS with the same emmc (a samsung iot dev platform) and on another box that uses the same eemc component (an Amlogic Phicomm N1 box) => max-frequency = <0x2faf080>.