Slow home screen thumbnails - In-progress TV Shows (mostly)

• LibreELEC version 10.0.1 running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1 (2GB RAM)

Debug log: https://pastebin.com/Si3N8rPZ

On my Estuary home screen (10.0.1 and previous releases), "TV Shows-> In progress TV shows" thumbnails are very slow to load sometimes. The first page will generally load fairly quickly but scrolling right will soon get me to pages with no thumbnails (see attachment). If I wait until each thumbnail loads and then scroll left back to the first page, the first-page thumbnails are often missing and I"ll have to wait for them to load again.

I opened a thread on the Kodi forums and someone mentioned Kodi's Texture13.db and Thumbnails folder, but I'm not finding the .db file or the thumbnails folder on LibreElec, but the Kodi log does show to be loading Texture13.db.

Code
    2021-12-01 22:50:36.736 T:846      INFO <general>: Running database version Textures13

I have Kodi running on a couple of Windows machines that don't have this problem to this degree, so I'm wondering now if LibreELEC's thumbnail caching could be at fault somehow?

Any ideas how to debug or improve thumbnail caching?

Other factors:

My machines access a central MySQL database that is years old so there may well be some bloat in the tables

My media is stored on a network SAMBA server (same machine as MySQL) so network speeds are in play, but LibreELEC is wired with Gigabit.

My advancedsettings.xml specifies ~60MB of memory. Is that enough, or do I need that cache element at all?

Code
    <cache>
      <memorysize>62914560</memorysize>
      <buffermode>1</buffermode>
      <readfactor>10</readfactor>
    </cache>

• My machines access a central MySQL database that is years old so there may well be some bloat in the tables

- Backup your current MyVideos database, delete the Textures13.db file and the Thumbnails folder.

- Do a Video Library Export using separate nfo files (don't forget to activate watch status & resume point in the AS.xml file).

- Drop your video database, reactivate it via your sources, and start the import of your video collection

That should refresh your video database contents. Thumbs not loading could be because of outdated URLs after TMDB's cleanup.

• - Backup your current MyVideos database, delete the Textures13.db file and the Thumbnails folder.

- Do a Video Library Export using separate nfo files (don't forget to activate watch status & resume point in the AS.xml file).

- Drop your video database, reactivate it via your sources, and start the import of your video collection

That should refresh your video database contents. Thumbs not loading could be because of outdated URLs after TMDB's cleanup.

Well heck, I opened this post on LE because I was researching your reply on my forum.kodi.tv thread this morning (charlesmayo53) and couldn't find Textures13.db or the Thumbnails folder on my LE installation. Now that I look again they're both in plain sight (sigh - really need to get that cataract op scheduled).

I'll give this a go. You made a great point about orphaned URL's in the c06 URL field and I have been carrying these databases forward since Jarvis... a good housecleaning is probably in order.

Thanks, Klojum

Edited once, last by cmayo (December 2, 2021 at 9:52 PM).

• - Backup your current MyVideos database, delete the Textures13.db file and the Thumbnails folder.

Disregard.

Edited once, last by cmayo (December 3, 2021 at 8:22 PM).