Trouble mounting/navigating to second drive on NUC8?

• I'm new to Linux (read: started today), but eager to learn.

Read through this thread from a couple weeks back but didn't see any resolution. I'm in a very similar situation and could use assistance. I've troubleshooted to a point where I believe the drive is properly formatted and mounted.

LibreElec is installed on my NVME. I wish to keep the OS (and containers?) on the 500GB NVME and storage on my 2.5mm 2TB drive.

df -h

parted -l

I cannot seem to navigate to the drive. I'm sure this is user error, but nothing I'm trying seems to work.

While I'm at it, is it possible to run the docker containers off my NVME yet store my downloads on the HDD? I'm trying to follow this guide for setting up directories but I'm not sure I understand how to specify the download location being on a different drive? Looking at their docker-compose example:

Code
    volumes:
          - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
          - /docker/appdata/radarr:/config
          - /data:/data

is it as simple as adding /dev/sda1/data (or /media/data/ ?)

It's likely painfully obvious how over my head I am, but as I said I'm very eager to learn. Just seems I've hit a roadblock atm and am stuck. Any help is appreciated!

• Yes. Is the quick answer. Something similar is how I do things at the bottom.

Things to consider: overlays, symbolic links (ln) docker configuration, if it breaks it all goes bad. I have grabbed a section my autostart.sh. Please don’t use it as-is. As I use my nvme0n1p6 drive as DATA but also store my docker setups.

For running a docker container - I use

Code
    docker run --workdir /var/media/DATA/home-rudi/LibreELEC.tv --privileged -v /storage:/storage -v /var/media/DATA:/var/media/DATA -it le-focal:latest bash

There is no reason if you wanted /var/media/DATA as DATA - use

-v /var/media/DATA:/DATA

My autostart changes - don’t use as-is

• Well I feel like an idiot, you've inadvertently helped me realize I've been trying to access the HDD in every way but the right one.

so based on my file structure

Code
    /dev/sda1                 1.8T     76.0M      1.7T   0% /var/media/media

I should makdir /var/media/data/

then my code will be

-v /var/media/data:/data for each image in my docker-compose? Is this correct? The second media folder contains lost+found.

To confirm my understanding: The above indicates that, in my instance, the "real" data is stored on my HDD while the container reads/links from the NVME.

If I understood, thats great news for me and I can continue chugging away at getting this figured out! I'm way over my head, but it's a lot of fun so far ^^

I haven't even begun to look into autostart configs, so that should be a great can of worms when I get to it. I appreciate your reply!

• Stepping back a bit: the udevil service on LE mounts the hard drives under /var/media

Any disk that does not meet the following conditions is automatically mounted - https://github.com/LibreELEC/Libr…vil-mount.rules if you do not want something automounted by udevil - then it must be excluded by one of these criteria.

Going to your question - using the docker argument: -v /var/media/data:/data would be like typing the following command in the Docker container: # mount /dev/sda1 /data

So it’s not really an nvme / sata question. More as saying - I am mounting a directory from my host operating system as a mount point in my container.