Pi4B not shutting down

• Hello everyone,

I'm running a Pi4b with a fresh install of Kodi 19.3 on Libreelec 10.0.1.
    After selecting "power off" in Kodi the screen turns off allright, but at the same time my HDD on the USB-Port starts spinning and the LED on the Ethernet-Port starts blinking VERY rapidly.

I can wait as long as I want, HDD and Ethernet never turn off. I always have to pull the plug...kind of annoying with a spinning HDD...

Any help appreciated...

• Please note rpi-eeprom-config -e is always replacing the bootloader version with the default one which may be different (older) than the bootloader currently installed (active). And the default is linked to critical (at least in current LE 11 Nightly).

I don't know if the same happens in RPi OS or if it's LE specific but I am not sure that's the best behavior (at least for users preffering the stable or beta bootloaders) as the wrong bootloader config may be applied (some newer options may be unknown to older bootloader).

Maybe some check and warning to the rpi-eeprom-config script should be applied when the current and further bootloader versions does not match.

LibreELEC:/usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader # ls -l

total 0

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 92 Nov 24 18:25 beta

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 92 Nov 24 18:25 critical

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 Nov 24 18:25 default -> critical

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Nov 24 18:25 latest -> stable

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 92 Nov 24 18:25 stable

LibreELEC:/usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader # ls beta

pieeprom-2021-10-27.bin recovery.bin vl805-000138a1.bin

LibreELEC:/usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader # ls critical/

pieeprom-2021-04-29.bin recovery.bin vl805-000138a1.bin

LibreELEC:/usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader # ls stable/

pieeprom-2021-07-06.bin recovery.bin vl805-000138a1.bin