Libreelec nightly crashing when playing media

• are you sure it's *NOT* your settings ?

running nightly-20211109-38564b7 here, fresh installed [1] yesterday

- box spec's: see signature -

player settings are all: default

no crashes either with movies nor TV

[1]

- installed LE release

- logged in via ssh

- stopped kodi

- removed kodi directory [2]

- drop nightly in ~/.update

- rebooted

[2]

in case you want to setup your box as in [1]: removing kodi means all addon's with their settings are gone too !

Edited once, last by GDPR-7 (November 12, 2021 at 12:30 AM).

• I don't think so... reverting back to the latest stable version works as expected.

I will try clearing the settings but I think there must be an issue in the latest kernel for my device or maybe within the latest kodi build.

Latest Stable Version (2021.11)
    LibreELEC 10.0
    • Kodi 19.3
    • Linux Kernel 5.10.x
  • you were talking about test builds ...

*I* don't think so too ;) :

moving back to stable could only be a first step to investigate where the problem could be, e.g. excluding it's hardware

if you want to get a fix you need the test with a *clean* nightly without any magic settings. just with the addons where the box could play TV/movies.

Only then it is in an environment where a developer (maybe with the same hardware) could replay/investigate where he maybe has something done wrong...[1]

So please *first* start with a clean nightly and a further step then could be: testing with (maybe) magic settings/addon's under nightly too, all step by step.

[1]

if he did ?!

this question is unanswered !

it's especially unanswered while I'm able to run nightly without trouble and I guess the same goes for the developer.

the questions is:

what is up with *your* box running nightly and why ?

moving to stable doesn't help much getting the answers 8)

• thanks following my advice.

alas I can't help further, means no expert here reading/understanding log files.

One question: was debugging set on (unsure: and with a subseq. reboot) before creating the above log file ?

my last advice (currently we both are still alone here):

if you don't get enough attention to this thread I would create a thread in this forum under Topic "Bug Reports" with an useful subject title, like the one for this thread with prefix "Regression:" , and just create a *link* in that thread to this thread here (NOT copy&paste content)

Edited once, last by GDPR-7 (November 17, 2021 at 12:42 AM).