Can I restore LE/Kodi backups across versions (replacing image for RPI4 with RPI2/3)?

• After repeated power failure had badly corrupted the database (and probably other stuff as well) on the LE9.2 install on my RPi3b, I decided to do a ground-up reinstall. I spent about a day setting everything up, and much to my dismay the new install did not work properly. It was very unstable with many crashes, and screen updates were jerky with lots of flashing and jittering.

A closer look revealed that somehow, in my infinite wisdom, I have managed to install the wrong image. :cry: Instead of LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.2.8.img.gz I downloaded and installed LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.8.img.gz.

I have used the "Create System and Kodi Backup" option in the LibreElec configuration add-on. Can I restore that backup on the correct image (the one for the RPI2/3 or do I have no other choice but to set up everything from scratch, install add-ons, enter tons of settings and what not?

Failing that, can I migrate at least the video library?

Tnx!

// FvW

• Go to Best Answer
  • Code
    touch  /storage/.update/.nocompat
    wget https://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.2.8.tar -O /storage/.update/
    reboot

^ I think you should be able to just SSH into the console to download the correct image file and cross-grade to the RPi2 image. You need to disable the compat check with the touch command else it will flag you are using a different image and abort the update.