When using a different screen resolution (4k) to to a DVD, DVD navigation and subtitles are misplaced in libreelec 10.0 on Raspberry Pi 4.

• Good morning,

first - thanks for providing this excellent media centre and all the work that went into and continues into it. The post is my experience of behaviour and may be intended though I suspect not, if not it may be useful for other people in the same edge case as me. Apologies if it is well known and understood - I could not find it.

The configuration in question involves:

Raspberry Pi 4 with 2Gb

LG C1 48" TV (3840 x 2160)

Filesystem images of DVD titles (complete DVD rip using dvdbackup)

Seen on 'Invasion of the Astro Monsters' Region 1 NTSC and "Pan's Labyrinth" and "City of the Lost Children Region" 2 PAL

Steps to reproduce:

1. Libreelec menus are set to a max 1080P resolution

2. Set the Pi screen resolution to 3840 x 2160

3. Open a DVD fileystem image (Video TS and VOBs etc) from the filesystem

4. Go to a DVD menu - no item is highlighted or the highlight is at the right edge of the screen off the menu items

5. Try and move round the menu with up / down / forward /back - nothing is high-lighted or it's at the right edge of the screen

6. Start a film and enable subtitles with 't'

7. Subtitles are missing or weirdly placed (and for the one DVD I could see them on a HUGE typeface!)

If the Pi screen res is set to 1920x1080 (standard HD) the DVD navigation is still a bit off (could be the DVDs, could be lovely new 10.0 build and port to Pi4) but the high lights are correctly positioned and subtitles are back in the lower middle of the screen.

I'd guess that the positioning is being done by screen size, the Pi isn't upscaling so they are off the edge of the screen (DVD images sends 576 wide or 1080p? highlights/sub-titles at ~1920/2 ?).

The workaround of setting screen size to 1080P works fine for me as I don't have any >HD content on libreelec at the moment, for people with 4k media it will presumably be a problem.

Happy to reproduce and provide logs, screenshots etc if it's considered a problem and investigation needed.

Thanks,

Richard