Auto-Share External Drives not working after upgrading to 10.0

• I've been using LibreELEC for several years now and never had a single problem. Yesterday, however, after manually upgrading to 10.0, the external USB drives I have connected to my RPi 4 are no longer accessible/visible via SAMBA.

I can connect to the RPi 4 via SAMBA (from both Windows 10 as well as Ubuntu 21.04) and I can see all the usual folders, however, the /media/ folder (and its content) is not visible.

After (unsuccessfully) fiddling with all the settings, here's my current configuration:

• Kodi -> Settings -> Services -> SMB client:
      • Min/Max Protocol: None
    • Kodi -> Settings -> LibreELEC Settings -> Services -> SAMBA:
      • Use Samba Password Authentication: Yes
      • Minimum supported protocol: SMB1
      • Maximum supported protocol: SMB3
      • Auto-share External Drives: Yes

Again, I have no problems connecting to the RPi 4 via SAMBA - it's just that the external drives (that are currently mounted in /media/) don't show up.

Please let me know if I need to provide any further information.

• Same for me... :(

RPi 4, Libreelec 10.0.1, boot from SD card, USB 3 SSD (still LE 9.2 on it)

It worked for a few days, had access via SMB to /STORAGE and /LIBREELEC on SSD (auto-share enabled).

Both folders are gone since last week, all folders of SD card are there, SSD mounted, tested with Mac OS Catalina and Win10.

Still have access to another machine with a RPi3 and LE 9.2, an auto-shared USB Stick is visible.

Please help :)

• Thanks to chewitt - in another thread he explained how to use a own samba.conf

I did:

edit samba.conf.sample ( /storage/Configfiles )

added

[Storage]

path = /var/media/STORAGE

available = yes

browseable = yes

public = yes

writeable = yes

renamed (copied) samba.conf.sample -> samba.conf

reboot

it works again. Thread solved :)

P.S.: Updated to 10.0.2 meanwhile.

P.P.S.: Funny thing, after rebooting two times with new samba.conf auto-share external drives worked again :)