Raspberry Pi 4 - no sound over USB Audio S/PDIF

• Well, the USB controller which RPi 4B has it's not the one of best ones regarding to compatibility with older USB devices - I have an old USB HUB, working everywhere except RPi 4B.

• Well, the USB controller which RPi 4B has it's not the one of best ones regarding to compatibility with older USB devices - I have an old USB HUB, working everywhere except RPi 4B.

I cannot say that is a compatibility problem with the RPi USB controller, the wireless keyboard is working just fine. The problem is that when I'm connecting it, this is affecting another USB device connected to RPi4. In my case, the USB sound output over S/PDIF is messed up.

USB can be "fun", there are ton of odd devices out there, and especially audio (and video/webcam) devices can easily break if other devices consume too much bandwidth. Which is probably what the keyboard is doing (for whatever reason, probably because it has a somewhat broken USB configuration...).

I did a few more tests, including with LibreELEC 10.0 BETA2 and the same thing happens. I tried even with a basic wireless mouse instead of the keyboard, with same outcome.

To whom can I address this issue? I don't understand if this bug is related to RPi4 hardware/firmware, Kodi, LibreELEC or a combination of those.

In meantime I discovered another annoying issue: CEC stops working on RPi4 if another CEC enabled device is connected to the TV. This puts me in a very difficult situation as I don't have any posibility to control Kodi on LibreELEC. If I connect the keyboard the sound gets broken over USB and I cannot use the TV remote because CEC is not working (I have another CEC enabled device connected on my TV). The only way to control Kodi is using a remote control app from my smartphone. I cannot also choose what to boot from PINN because I cannot use a mouse or a keyboard. I used to use the TV remote control for this but now I can't use it anymore because of the CEC issue. Now, that's a funny situation ...😄

I have to admit that these issues are pretty frustrating, I wasn't expecting to this when I bought my RPi4. On my old RPi3 I don't have any of these problems, everything is working as is supposed to.

Edited once, last by racko (May 20, 2021 at 5:58 PM).