LibreElec 10.0 B1 RPi4 switch audio to analog output (3.5mm jack)

• Previous kodi used a firmware side driver for audio. The firmware has the ability to split the audio and drive two sinks.

Now, we've moved to an open source arm side driver for hmdi audio (which is better in many respects, including supporting HBR passthrough on Pi4), but the firmware code for splitting audio is not involved.

It could be possible to implement this through other means external to kodi (like pulseaudio), but I don't know how to do that.

Well, another reason for me to stay away from LibreElec 10 on Raspberry Pi.

I'm running LibreELEC 9.2.8 on an Raspberry Pi.

The Pi is connected with a HDMI-Cable to my Soundbar and from there with another HDMI-Cable to my TV.

Also it is connected to my Stereo-Audio-System with a Cable put into the 3,5mm Jack.

The Audio goes out over HDMI and the 3,5mm Jack at the same time, I don't have to switch anything.

So when I want to watch a Movie, I turn on the Pi, the Soundbar and the TV.

I've got the Sound from the Soundbar and the Picture on the TV using the HDMI connection.

When I want to listen to Music (MP3 or FLAC) I don't need a TV, so I turn on the Pi and my Stereo-Audio-System and control the Pi over my Smartphone with the "Yatse" Remote Control App.

The Audio comes from the 3,5mm Jack of the Pi an goes through a cable to the Stereo-Audio-System.

And now you're telling us that this setting is no longer possible because of a new Audio Driver ?

This is so stupid.

Why should I turn on my TV, my Soundbar or my 5.1 Speaker-System when I only want to listen to Music ?

• Sorry dont want to offend on old post thou. But how can you call something better on any way when its dropping very cool feature.

I updated my media system to rpi4, and happily installed newer Libreelec just to see that i cant use it as i did before, - simultaneously HDMI sound with analog due driving sound to vintage stereo system.

Thats a such a shame. It was really cool feature.

At the other side, thank you for providing Just Enough OS. You are great ppls!

Cheers!

• It may be possible to setup dual audio using pulseaudio combine-sink. See here:

b22222222222
    November 15, 2022 at 10:11 PM
  • Hello, thanks for reply. Im already using latest image from HERE, and it works,.. kinda. Analog sound has hissing, crackling and echo issues. Its practically useless.

Before i use rpi3 with LE 9.2.x and had no issues, but rpi3 is bit unresponsive and prone to crash. I tried LE 9.2.x latest for rpi4 but its not booting on my pi (all firmware is updated if that has anything to do with).

Once more, thanks for reply and all hard work.