Plex / Libreelec 10.x b1 very slow to start playback on RPi4

• Hi,

Plex server running on Windows 10 Enterprise, with content hosted on local Windows machine and Synology NAS, playback is on a RPi4 4GB.

LibreElec 9.6.2 takes between 5 and 10 sec to start playback of video files.

LibreElec 10.x b1 playback of media it is very slow to start, can take anywhere between 40sec to 1min 40sec to start playing, time is dependent on the media size being played. Once it starts, playback it is fine, and the media is direct streamed, this applies to H264 and H265 content.

Have tried with SAMBA enabled / disabled, wifi turned off, wired 1GB connection only.

When checking playback at the Plex server end via Tautulli browser extension, it looks like the media starts playing after 5 to 10 seconds, and when if finally actually starts playing (40+ seconds later) at the RPi4 client end, the playback timer in Tautulli resets back 0 and then continues.

Thanks.

• Replying to my own issue, found a fix on the Plex forums (thanks to Macieksoft).

I had the following setting populated on my Plex server:

Plex>Settings>Network>List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth

Deleting my local IP address / subnet mask entry from here (leaving it blank), fixed the 40+ sec launch time for any media playback I was experiencing.

This affected Plex .033 on the OSMC and LibreElec Kodi 19.x releases, Kodi 18.x not affected.