Geniatech T232 USB DVB

• Does anyone know how to get this to work with Raspberry Pi?

It seems to work with recent Ubuntu (64 bit) on a pc/laptop, after following instructions on the pdf to compile the driver.

Driver/Software for MyGica TV Tuner - Geniatech Official Online Store

Linux Driver Download

Download Linux Driver for A682/T232/A681 ( media_build_u18.04.2_ker4.18_lib_201030.tar.bz2 )

Download Introduction of Compiling Linux Driver ( CompilingTunersDriverForLinux_v1_2.pdf )

The issue I am having is that the instructions don't work when trying to do the same for Raspberry Pi OS (32 bit). I was trying this because I couldn't get the device working with LibreElec despite trying all 3 options for DVB drivers (standard, latest and crazycat).

The instructions also do not work for Ubuntu 32 bit derivatives.

Edited 2 times, last by apricot (February 14, 2021 at 12:45 PM).

• An update on what I have tried, using 3 different USB DVB Geniatech/MyGica devices.

I am trying them on a raspberry pi 3 plus, the one I am trying to get to work properly is the T232.

The others I don't mind because they're not mine, I just borrowed them for testing.

The 3 devices are:

Geniatech/MyGica T230

idVendor=0572, idProduct=c688

August DVB-T210 (V2.0) - (rebadged Geniatech/MyGica T230C v2 ? )

idVendor=0572, idProduct=c68a

Geniatech/MyGica T232 (dual tuner)

idVendor=0572, idProduct=2886

These are the results when I try them on LE 9.2.6

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

These are the results when I try them on LE nightly

• but it'll be nice if the drivers can be added to LibreElec in the future

this is sadly not happening, these kind of drivers are broken by design
    they just work for some random Kernel version and then never again

get a refund and don't buy this kind of crap again :)

The only proper way is in upstreaming their already existing drivers to the kernel, otherwise its just fubar for every user.

• The issue I am having is that the instructions don't work when trying to do the same for Raspberry Pi OS (32 bit). I was trying this because I couldn't get the device working with LibreElec despite trying all 3 options for DVB drivers (standard, latest and crazycat).

The instructions also do not work for Ubuntu 32 bit derivatives.

media_build contain some pre-compiled frontend drivers for x86_64 only (cxd2858 for T232 - Sony CXD2858 DVB-T2/T tuner + demodulator), so this not compatible with any arm or x86 32-bit

• this is sadly not happening, these kind of drivers are broken by design
    they just work for some random Kernel version and then never again

get a refund and don't buy this kind of crap again :)

The only proper way is in upstreaming their already existing drivers to the kernel, otherwise its just fubar for every user.

That's a shame, I didn't realise. My search skills failed me. I thought it was ok because I found references to drivers and firmware help for this make. Is there a list of suggested make/models? I only know if Hauppauge and TBS. I'm after usb dvb-t2 preferably dual tuner.

• media_build contain some pre-compiled frontend drivers for x86_64 only (cxd2858 for T232 - Sony CXD2858 DVB-T2/T tuner + demodulator), so this not compatible with any arm or x86 32-bit

Thanks for the explanation. I have limited skills and didn't realise that. I was just following the make instructions. That explains why I confused myself very quickly.

So far I've found the build works properly for kernel 5.4.0-42 x86-64

In other kernel versions the build usually fails.

• Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD was reported properly working

its cheap and well supported at every up to date linux (worst case firmware file needs to get copied to the os)

Thanks for the info, that looks like a better solution for my limited skills. Hopefully geniatech/mygica will improve their offering in the future.

• Well, I am satisfied with (single-tuner) DVB-T2 Geniatech/MyGica T230C and T230C2, working quite good with LE. But it looks they won't be available in future anymore.

Also DVB-T2 single-tuner Astrometa, despite some necessary struggling, currently works fine with LE (both variants with Panasonic and Sony demodulator).