Is it possible to make IR remote work in Rock64 / Libreelec

• I got a rock64 1GB board from amazon ( Recon Sentinel RECON1, used to be very cheap, about $12), recently I installed libreelec (LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.2.6-rock64.img.gz and LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.80-devel-20191231082706-fae7724-rock64.img.gz), however, I can't make the IR remote work. I even tried the hard way, rebooted 1000 (just joking) times... still no. Is it possible to make it work?

• Well, I created my own custom_remote (the hard way..ssh to the system; systemctl stop kodi; systemctl stop eventlircd; ir-keytable.......) and rc_maps.cfg, reboot, it didn't work.

I checked my remote key code, it is the same of X96.

Currently I can use a Logitech K400 Touchpad Keyboard, or I can use the TV remote via CEC, but I want to make the IR remote work...

• I am using Armbian, but it should work in LibreElec too.

I use irexec with lircd to start kodi, you can test lircd with "irw" command.

Inside kodi (v19) lircd is not working for me (could be a bad configuration). So I stop lircd and use rc6 linux kernel module with ir-keytable.

Edited once, last by useful64 (February 12, 2021 at 4:20 PM).

• I have the same device and the ir remote works with it. The remote is from a h96 pro +. I'm using LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.2.4-rock64.img.gz and updated it to 9.2.6.