x86 4k HDR

• I‘ve read through the forum and saw that ARM devices (Odroid etc.) are currently considered a very good pick for 4k HDR, and that for other platforms support for HDR with libreelec is still being baked. However, I‘d like to stay with x86 - and need a MicroATX board for my case.

Am I right that Intel iGPU UHD 630 is the path to go? For HDR, HDMI 2.0a seems to be required. Thing is, I can‘t seem to find any socket 1200 or 1152v2 board that has HDMI 2.0a, and only one (Supermicro) that has HDMI 2.0...

So I know that HDR is still being worked on in Kodi, but also on the HW side there seems to be no option (for micro ATX)?

• It's not yet clear if the boards with a non-native HDMI 2.0 port (DP-to-HDMI 2.0 converter chip aka LSPCON) will be able to do HDR on Linux. In any case there is no reason to buy one of those.

Intel Gemini Lake (e.g. Celeron J4105/J4125) or the new Tiger Lake (e.g. Celeron 6305) are the only x86 hardware worth considering for HDR on LibreELEC.

AMD APUs with Vega graphics (e.g. Athlon 200GE, Ryzen 3 2200G) may someday work too. But I'd rather wait for Intel Tiger Lake boards.