SOLVED: LibreELEC x86_64 Intel graphics HDMI mode changes inadvertently

• Currently running version 8.95.003, but it has happened and still happens in all 7.x and 8.x versions that I've tried. The HTPC is an Intel NUC clone with integrated graphics and connected to the TV through HDMI, all modes available are correctly detected up to 4K/30Hz, but this mode leads to performance issues and choppy playback so I want to run it at 1080p/50Hz only. The HTPC with LibreELEC is running 24/7 to serve tvheadend to the network but the attached receiver and TV are (hard) powered off in between to save power and greenhouse gases. The problem is when they are powered up again in that sometimes, the screen mode is changed without notification to 720p or 4K/30Hz, neither of which you immediately notice in the UI but leads to degraded performance when playing video. When I go to Settings - System - Display, the dialog "Save this resolution - Would you like to keep this change?" immediately pops up and when I select "No", the correct configured video mode is restored. For me it's only inconvenient but for the rest of my family it's too involved so they typically just "suffer through" or call me when I am available.

I've tried running a script to force the resolution back to the default using xrandr and call it every time Kodi comes out of screensaver mode. But the dark phase while switching the resolution is irritating and even worse, sometimes when calling xrandr, the PC loses audio over HDMI from which there is no recovery other than rebooting the PC. So unfortunately, xrandr is not the solution.

Does anybody have any tips or hints? AFAICS there could be two ways to approach it, first from the graphics driver if there was any way to prevent switching to any video mode other than the desired one, second from Kodi which seems to be able to detect the current graphics mode but doesn't do it unless the display settings dialog is opened. If there'd be a hidden "maintain configured graphics mode" option that would be perfect.

• Thank you, this seems to have fixed it, at least it hasn't happened again since yesterday. The getedid script didn't work for me, had to go through the manual option and add the kernel options to refind.conf because the PC can only boot with UEFI and I use rEFInd as boot manager.